Bonsai

Rocinante

Banned
The Bonsai looks good.

What is the steel used in this blade?

It resembles the excellent Chinese "Steel Warrior" brand ..... are they made in the same factory by any chance?

I will have to get back to you on this one.
Do you know what company does the Steel Warriors?

The blades on the Bonsai line are made from a 440 series stainless.
Thanks,TJT

That is real vague.....do you know.....

What "series" of 440?

Where is the factory? What city? Who operates it and what is its name?

Is it big or small? New or old?

Could it be the same factory as Frost gets their Steel Warriors from?

Why all the mystery?

I think if we're going to buy these knives we deserve to know a little about who makes them, where they get their steel, how that steel compares with American steels.......etc. and etc.

I was not vague, as I stated in the other thread, I give the info I get.
I don't know anything about who makes Steel Warrior, and have never been to the factory, as it is overseas, and I am in Colorado.
I believe the companies name is Seicio, but the spelling might be wrong I am at home, and can't remember the spelling right now.
Any other questions you have, Sir?

Still real vague.....can you find out.......

What "series" of 440?

Where is the factory? What city? Who operates it and what is its name?

Is it big or small? New or old?

Could it be the same factory as Frost gets their Steel Warriors from?

Why all the mystery?

I think if we're going to buy these knives we deserve to know a little about who makes them, where they get their steel, how that steel compares with American steels.......etc. and etc.

I was under the impression that....in this forum.....one could get information on Boker knives and the factories that produce Boker knives.

But I'm getting some pretty vague and elusive responses.

I gave you the info I have, including the name of
the factory, and have asked for more clarification on
what series of steel they are using.
No where in any of my answers has there been any mystery, just
my passing on what I have learned to answer your questions.
Where the factory is, how old it is, and the rest of that I don't know.
Why you wish to make it seem as if your questions aren't being
answered, and stirring controversy is beyond me.
And seeing as I am not with Frost Cutlery, I don't know what factory
they use, you would have to ask them.
Now, if I can answer anymore technical questions, I would be happy to,
but I can not provide the rest of the info you seem to want, as I don't
run the factories, nor does anyone here. I simply don't have the info on the history of them, we are here to talk about the knives, and provide a customer service venue. I work for Boker, not Seicio, so I could answer questions about our factory, our history, etc.
And just as a point of information, we don't put the Boker name on the Bonsai
line, they are a part of the Magnum line, which are knives we sell, but are
not made in our factories.
Thank you, TJT

It seems you are working for Boker and selling stuff you know nothing about.

Is it that the location of the factory is a secret?

And Boker doesn't know if other brands of knives are made in this factory?

Or if Boker is the sole customer of this factory?

If you don't know, who does?

When will you know about the steel?

As was stated on another thread, China.
Thank you, I think we are done.
TJT

Rocinante said:
But I'm getting some pretty vague and elusive responses.

LOL

LMAO

I thought this was about Bonsai Trees for some strange reason. Duh! I could give you an elusive response about the black steel used in japanese Bonsai tools, but that'd make it worse!

LOL
Heh heh heh

|M|

Goddamn... What is your problem, Rocinante? Are you deliberately trying to be an ass with that attitude of yours? Why don't you call up the company that made your computer, and demand to know why the glassfiber used to make the motherboard is better than previous formulations. What kind of capacitors do they use on the motherboard? Where are they made? What is the factory? Will they leak? Get back to us with the answers you'll get.

But seriously, do you ask what factory any other knife company uses overseas,or are you just being a dick?
Don't you have a life, or do you just engage in pointless argumentation and knifesturbation?

Give it a rest... Geeze.

P.S. Generally, if it just says 440 series steel, that means it's 440A. You could have figured that one out with a simple search.

Oh, made in CHINA!

Now you've answered a question that we already knew in the first post.

What city in China?

Where can I get detailed information on the factory and its operations?

What is the steel like and how does it compare to our own 440A, for example.

Are other company knives made there or only Boker's?

If you can't answer the questions, why don't you consult with your supervisor?

I can't understand how you can be trying to sell us knives and saying you know nothing about them?

Surely the information is known by SOMEBODY in your company and you could ask them.

I don't understand this evasive and hostile stance you are taking here.......isn't this forum to provide information about Boker products?

He told you what he knew and now your just being as a$$. It's an inexpensive Chinese knife.......I don't think Boker is worried about supplying minute specifications for this line.

Guys, theres no need to be rude, or use foul language. A little decency and respect goes a long way.

More than likely if it came from China its 440A. Its real popular right now in the asian factories. 440B is more popular in Europe, particularly Italy. 440C of course is not as popular as it use to be (still my favorite though in making knives). You can stil find some production knives with 440C, but rarely. It was more popular in production knives in the late 70's-80's. 440C was the first popular steel in making customs back in the 60's.

I just wanted to get info on a Boker knife and I supposed that you could get such information on the Boker forum.

If you can't get it here, where can you expect to get it? The Case forum?

I guess if they haven't answered by now, they don't care.

Point taken.....maybe I'll just give up on Boker then.

Any thing made in Germany by Boker is TOP NOTCH. I don't have any of their non-German stuff but it has a very favorable reputation, especially those made in Argentina. I would imagine the bansai brand to be very good, if it's good enough for Boker to market I would imagine that it is better than any other brand's Chinese knives. Regarding TJT, I've had questions on here not answered as detailed as I'd like before but I understand he is in the sales/marketing American branch of a German manufacturing firm and sometimes in business the sales/marketing end doesn't have and can't even get all of the manufacturing information, but he also does give the info he can get. He's mentioned/explained this before in previous threads.

Jeez those were very specific questions!!!!!! What the hell do you care if they are made in Beijing or Manchuria?!?!?!?!? They are certainly not collector knives. Why so fixated to find if they are made in the same factory as frost? I know, then you are going to come ranting about how Bokers are more expensive but they are selling the same knife and blah blah blah.

How very good you think you got the point... bye!!! Nobody needs customers as irritating as you.

Back