Book idea: "The Making of CRK Knives," by Chris Reeve...

Professor

Gold Member
I think this has been brought up before, but I was too lazy to search.

Just finished "The Tactical Folding Knife; A Study of The Anatomy And Construction of The Liner-Locked Folder" by Bob Terzuola, a super-detailed account of the start-to-finish making of one of his ATCF folders. The book covers everything from different approaches to grinding/milling the blade-tang lock surface to creating jigs for holding the blade during grinding and handle pieces for milling. Bob does a great, great job in this book, and is 100% forthcoming, and generously so, with his secrets of knifemaking. As a result, I have a great new-found respect for him and his work.

I would LOVE to have in my knifemaking literature collection a book by Chris and Anne, detailing the manufacturing process of both the integral-locking line of folders, as well as the making of the one-piece line. The book could include history, Chris' custom-making days, theory of simplicity-in-design, and graduation to the manufacturing process still used today that we all know and love. A step-by-step explanation of rationale with things like lock-face angle, blade-tang lock surface angle, screw placement, pivot system, steel choices, etc. with the Seb., and likewise design rationale with the one-piece line.

Perhaps there's something already in the works and I've missed it, but if not, wouldn't this be a great read?

Professor.

Yeah, then we can all go out and get the equipment and make our own Sebenza's! :D Seriously though it does sound neat! I too would love to read a book by Chris and Anne about their manufacturing process and exactly how long it takes to make a Sebenza from start to finish! Maybe if enough of us email and bug em' it may just happen. :cool:

Back