Books and other reading reviews of note. (for Becker users) :D

tanglediver

Gold Member
I know somebody around here who's getting a new kunnnn-nife. :rolleyes:
~~
Got any reading we might like to hear about? Have at us! Lots of options these days besides hard cover and paper backs. These days they offer audio books, e-books, 2nd hand reviews. I'ld like to hear what comes to mind, thanks ya'll! :)
~~
~~
The impetus of course is the release of the Beckhart, and if you have 12 plus hours to listen, Kephart's 'the book of camping and woodcraft' has been recorded on yt.
Kepharts thoughts on knives begins right at about 1:09:00'ish.
His thoughts on hatchets at about 1:12:30.
~~
75P57HJ.jpg

The Wilderness Ethos...

Last edited:
oh, no kidding? thanks for the head's up.

i go through ebbs and flows with my reading. i may read a couple books a week for a month or two. then i may go 6 months without reading. these are the ones i have been reading recently....

i just finished the Virgil Cole series by Robert B Parker. i should say, i read the first 4 that were written by parker. i stopped after that. really enjoyed though. Appaloosa is the first. i think they made a movie out of it. i love westerns. louis l'amour is my favorite author.

i am currently reading two others (strange i know, but i started one and then didn't have it with me the next time i sat down to read):
To the White Sea by James Dickey. now, this is a good knife book. it's fiction, but time is definitely spent reflecting on the connection between main character and knife (as i said in another thread).
Avenger by Frederick Forsyth. he is famous for the book (that turned into a movie), Day of the Jackal. but, this is the first book of his i've read (reading, that is. i'm about 100 pages in.) really fascinating so far.

Back