Boot Clip help

hi all, First post!

I have just bought a Mtech 018 boot knife <is actually a dagger but hey> and while i like the knife as a whole, its solid, full tang and great for £5 and preforms all the tasks i need it too <opening things that dont want to be opened> I cannot figure out the boot sheathe.

There is a picture here

http://www.blades-uk.com/large_pic.php?product_id=680

<they say it is jtech, it says mtech on the blade>

basically i dont see how i would attach it too a boot a belt or anything because if i were to clip it ojn the blade would be hanging down instead of up?

can anyone explain this too me?

thanks!

Tom

Welcome to Bladeforums! :)

the blade would be hanging down instead of up?
That's how they work. The sheath is supposed to be tight enough to keep the blade from falling out. If you wear it on a belt under a shirt or jacket or inside a pants leg, you couldn't withdraw it easily if the handle were up because pulling up puts it even more inside, but pulling down drops it into your hand.

Combat ready. :cool: (Don't tell that to your local police!)

ok thats fair enough if it was on my belt or on a shoulder rig but how would i wear it on or in my boot?

If your boot is tall enough -- it is supposed to be hanging outside the boot upside down. Preferably covered with pants. If not -- pehaps the clip could be unshrewed from sheath and fixed "right" way (to be able to hold it with handle up). If not (could not see clip side on photo) -- no idea what to do, besides tearing it off and making new one.

BTW -- Name "Boot knife" shall be taken with a grain of salt, and sometimes -- rather huge one. Sometimes makers call "boot knife" any fixed blade in clipped sheath, no matter what size of a boot would it take to tuck their creation into ;) .

Back