boot knife recommendations

shootist16

knife law moderator
I am a police officer looking for a boot knife that I could use as a backup. I like the Benchmade Nimravus but it is too big for a boot knife. I am looking for something that will be primarily defensive but with some degree of versatilty. Any suggestions?
Also lets try to keep it reasonably priced. I want this knife to be good quality but nothing I will cry about if lost.

Can it be a double edged knife?
What price won't you cry about?
Try the Gerber Guardian, not too expensive,
not a bad knife either.
PR

------------------
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

Military "Military" fans unite!!!

Two thoughts: CS Culloden or CRKT Sealtac Vector.

------------------
--+Brian+--

Try the Camillus small or medium size Boot Knife with multicarry kydex sheath.

Shootist,
I have an EK bootknife that is compact and well-made.
I'm not sure what the going price would be.
Just remember, a boot is no place to keep a bootknife.
Doc

------------------
"Good judgement comes from experience,
and most of that comes from bad judgement."

I' ll second the Gerber Guardian backup. It has a tension adjustable zytel(?) sheath that has a metal clip for "normal" or inverted carry. With a ball chain or paracord, it can easily be converted to neck carry. Also, the price is right.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

Think about the Cold Steel Kobun. 5" tanto blade, with a decent Kydex sheath you can tuck IWB, though mediocre for actually putting in a boot (which is a lousy place for a knife anyway). I've seen them for around $50.

I would give the REKAT Fang, 6 overall with skeleton handle and muticarry Kydex Sheath for 55$. For custom i would recomend the Bill Maynard neck knife. IT comes with a Kydex sheath and can rqst to produce a belt carry sheath as well for a couple of dollars more. Check it out at www.edgytolls.com for 100$.

I have about decided to go with a neck knife that has a multicarry sheath. I think this would be about the right size and alot more versatile.

If you're considering a REKAT Fang, shop around a bit & you should be able to pick one up for about 1/2 of retail.

------------------
--+Brian+--

shootist,
I think the neck knife is a good idea, especially if you want something more versatile, but I don't think you can ever have too much backup. Think about adding a CS defender or for more versatility an Outdoor Edge white tail skinner or Game Skinner. The OE horizontal sheaths work well for small of the back carry.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

[This message has been edited by phantom4 (edited 05 March 1999).]

Back