1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Boots is Boots

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by HMHaines, Aug 17, 2018.

1. HMHaines

HMHaines

Aug 15, 2018
    Share your favorite work/daily-wear boots. If they've got a story, or if the picture does, tell it. As is protocol, I'll go first.

[​IMG]
    Red Wing 402
    Had these for about 8 years. Got them as remuneration from the company when I was commissioned to make a shelf for their headquarters. They're getting ruined after all these years of abuse and neglect, but I still adore the damned things. This photo was taken on the roof of the National Farmer's Bank in Owatonna, Minnesota. The bank is a gorgeous old building that I helped restore during my summer as a stone mason's assistant/laborer.

2. SharpieB

SharpieB Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Same here but my Red Wings have the beige sole. Expensive but almost indestructible.

I am a big fan of Blundstones as well. I finally wore out a pair I wore almost daily for a decade last year and have been wearing these ones a lot since..

E0BD0735-CD4F-4F4D-81EA-A2315721B9FD.jpeg

HMHaines likes this.
  3. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Twisted X buckaroo boots. Great boot for the money. I wore these till the linings rotted away. Still in the closet somewhere:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They'd done every kind of ranch work there is in all weathers. Not work here I'm checking to see if there were any knife handles in this old burl. Wasn't, not really.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heck we even play Bball in boots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had these ones made for the wife. She loves em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had these custom built for me by Ozuna Boot Co. Craftsmanship is second to none.

[​IMG]

Lots of stitching in them puppies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The two of us and our boots:

[​IMG]

4. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

5. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Previous pair of 8” RedWing that were discontinued so I had to find something else.
    47E1D407-9A9D-4099-9546-950F9B80A4DE.jpeg 087E7299-FD99-4D9B-B9B8-A7BB4293E562.jpeg

Current RedWing 82406 6”
    These are the first pair of boots I get 2 full years of use out of and the first pair that I have replaced with the exact same thing. I only wish they had the pull loop on the back as opposed to a pull tab but it’s not a deal breaker.
    86583DB6-74B5-4F57-AAF2-8785B771F21F.jpeg

Grateful and HMHaines like this.
  6. sparkyvega

sparkyvega

Sep 11, 2017
    Ariat WorkHog. Good support and comfortable.

7. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  8. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    I can't post pics here, but... I've had a pair of Filson Uplanders that are going on 19-20 yrs old now. Still in great shape. Owe a lot to Obenauf's LP in keeping them that way.

Lenny likes this.
  9. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Also a big fan of my Red Wings, these are probably going on 5 years at least, the wide toes on this model look a bit clown-shoey but they are super comfortable :)

Screenshot_20180818-214048.png

~Chip

Grateful likes this.
  10. HMHaines

HMHaines

Aug 15, 2018
    I'm glad to see you guys sharing in this thread, hope the pics keep coming. There's something great about an abused pair of workboots. Makes me feel like something's getting done.

David T. MacNeill and 3fifty7 like this.
  11. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    [​IMG]

Charlie Mike and HMHaines like this.
  12. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    So if your looking for leather that is extremely water resistant then Zug is the leather for you.

[​IMG]

13. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  14. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    55CC8B12-1DB9-42D3-AE0D-CA4E0F7A6807.jpeg 006F82BA-80B3-46BF-8585-CC5817EEA878.jpeg 4913173B-0D87-46F3-A86D-546B46762B6E.jpeg R M Williams,Redbacks,Dubarrys.

15. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    IMG_0442.jpg IMG_0443.jpg

HMHaines and 3fifty7 like this.
  16. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    I'll be in the market for a good pair of work Boots in the months to come, Redwings is by far the name most thrown around.

HMHaines likes this.
  17. oldmanwilly

oldmanwilly Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Hey @Horsewright, where did you find a pair of Twisted X Buckaroos with a red shaft? I looked at their website and only found offerings in light brown. Do they have some kind of custom shop or did you just happen upon a limited run?

18. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    They are very old @oldmanwilly from when Twisted X first got started as a company. I've got a pair of green tall tops from them as well. I've seen em kinda change their designs every couple of years or so. Yeah I just checked out their site, hadn't been on it in years. They use to have a whole buckaroo boot section now only two pair.

Couple more pics of my Ozuna's in action. These pics were Sunday evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the wife's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Top pair are Bates, found them as a "one off" for like $35. Awesome deal, I've beat the crap out of them and the stitching is still holding, with limited conditioning.

The black danners are excellent as well, what I like most is I can send them to get resouled anytime.
    I'll be doing that soon, I wore a nice flat spot on the bottom.

20. Dddrees

Dddrees

Dec 13, 2015
    Kudu

[​IMG]

HMHaines likes this.