Bore sighters

Ken C.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Staff member
Super Mod
With the scarcity and high prices of 9mm ammo I find myself needing more than wanting a 9mm bore sighter. I want a quality piece that's reasonably priced and nothing off of Amazon. I usually can get my self on paper easily but my new optic is proving to be a bit more finicky than the last one. I don't want to keep blowing a ton of ammo and money on something that usually only takes me 5 rounds to do. Any suggestions?

17% of the reviews are 1 star!! thats horrible!!!! Keep lookin
Didn’t even look at the reviews. OP was obviously looking for a budget option. A real precision quality laser bore sighter is going to cost MORE than the ammo to sight a single gun in. Those high quality units are designed for people that will sight in LOTS of guns (like a shop) in that particular caliber (or gear junkies) and aren’t meant as ‘ammo savers;’ which appears to be the OP’s intention.

But these are odd times, and to him saving ammo may be worth it.

The ones I have used are not all that expensive. $30-40. But if he has already put a few threw it, I am not sure at this point is worth switching. He should have an idea by now, unless the optics is questionable.

When I didn't have a bore sighter, I have just got 25 yards or less away with a rifle and gotten it close enough to start. I'd think with a hand gun getting real close would be a start.

This is what I wound up purchasing. Works just like I'd hoped.

I like mine. It works well for iron sights and scopes. I used it to adjust the new rear iron sight I installed on a M1 Carbine. I haven't shot it yet but I'll bet that it will be on paper at 100 yards.

With the scarcity and high prices of 9mm ammo I find myself needing more than wanting a 9mm bore sighter. I want a quality piece that's reasonably priced and nothing off of Amazon. I usually can get my self on paper easily but my new optic is proving to be a bit more finicky than the last one. I don't want to keep blowing a ton of ammo and money on something that usually only takes me 5 rounds to do. Any suggestions?
What kind of optic? I assume your 9mm is a handgun and not a rifle?:

What kind of optic? I assume your 9mm is a handgun and not a rifle?:
I have a Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm which sports a Primary Arms SLx Push Button Micro Red Dot Gen II.

I have a Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm which sports a Primary Arms SLx Push Button Micro Red Dot Gen II.
Oh ok, that’s a good optic. Start real close, like 10 yards. Adjust as you move further out, shouldn’t take more than a round or two for each distance.

Back