Bored with my cigar torch

jgang

Gold Member
It's an old colibri. Works well enough I guess, but I need (want) something new to stoke my stogies. Let's see your favorite cigar torch or hear what you'd like to have.

I use a Bernzomatic propane/MAPP torch.

I don't smoke very much anymore but I use wooden matches or a map gass turbo torch like CM. The turbo torch is great for roasting hot dogs and chile peppers or to crisp and brown food like chicken patties out of the microwave.

That's also how I dispose of expired credit/ATM cards.

But this begs the question... Why not just dip instead? No ignition source needed.

Dip gives me heartburn and horse tooth. Dunno about the op though haha.

According to the cigar aficionados, the ONLY approved way to light your cigar is with a wooden match (or "spill), and ONLYafter the chemical head has burned away..... And the flame never allowed to touch the cigar.
And of course, one does not "puff" while lighting... One merely heats the cigar to a glow and only then takes a puff.

Then we can get into the still-raging controversy over "piercing" or "cutting".

I generally use a zippo. I know it isn't the approved method to light one by aficionado's, but I'm happy with it. I generally only smoke a couple a year on special occasions. I had one shop give me small pieces of cedar when I bought a cigar and was told to light the cedar and then use the cedar to light the cigar. In retrospect, laughing as hard as I did was probably rude.

I actually like smoking a pipe better, but for me at least, a pipe takes more practice to get a good smoke. I just don't do it often enough to remember the correct rhythm. A good cigar and a good glass of bourbon is perfect for a nice relaxing evening outdoors under the moon and stars.

Grizz

According to the cigar aficionados, the ONLY approved way to light your cigar is with a wooden match (or "spill), and ONLYafter the chemical head has burned away..... And the flame never allowed to touch the cigar.
And of course, one does not "puff" while lighting... One merely heats the cigar to a glow and only then takes a puff.

Then we can get into the still-raging controversy over "piercing" or "cutting".

[video=youtube;l2H6shz_kjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2H6shz_kjE[/video]

Back