Boron Carbide on a small Classic

What you ya all think? I haven't done it yet. But thinking of sending my small classic blade to get coated with the new black Boron Carbide. My blade already happends to be polished with stonewashed flats. Anne at Bodycoat tells me after the blade is complete the polished part will appear polished black and the stonewashed portion stonewashed black. Sound pretty cool to me and should help with the durability. I haven't done a search or anything, but can anyone tell me their experience with this stuff?

I've had two knives coated by BodyCote. The satin finished one wound up looking much better than the one that was blasted. Darrell told me it looks great on a polished finish, and I don't doubt it.
There is a scan of my D2 ArcLite (had a satin finish, before coating) in the Camillus forum in Dexter Ewing's "Custom Collaborations" thread if you want to take a look.
Know this: any scratches or marks that are on the blade will be visible through the BC1, so if that bothers you, it would be a good idea to make sure any scratches on the polished grind are buffed out prior to coating.
It's a very good coating. Better by far than Black-T, black tini, or BT2 based on my BC1 coated 710HS blade-haven't really used the ArcLite. Much more scratch resistant.

edit: here is a link to the thread I mentioned.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184138

Back