Bought a 757 Vicar... Now what to do?

So with the 757 Vicar on "discontinued clearance" I finally took the plunge and bought one. I've hesitated this long because of three reasons:

1. My BM collection is roughly 80% axis locks, 20% frame locks. Not a liner lock among them.
2. The ultra rough texture a-la BM Triage makes office EDC a bit of a pain.
3. That green outer scale is in a color I cannot stand.

So with this monster being a thick Ti liner I understand it's basically a frame lock beefed up with G10 - that solves issue #1. Issues #2 and #3 I believe could be addressed with a custom outer scale. So here are my two questions to the community:

1. Does the green scale on the Vicar remove easily, or is it integrated into the larger black scale?
2. Who offers/makes custom vicar scales in a timely fashion? I'm thinking carbon fiber or twill would be nice.

This would make my first liner lock BM, and first custom BM. Thanks for the input!

based on your thread title only id say use it and cut stuff.;)

It's easy to take that green slab off. Sanding down the green portion makes it much easier to get in and out of the pocket. And if you don't like the green, you could try dying it, never tried it myself, but I have read about several other people using rit dye on various g-10 scales.

I have read about several other people using rit dye on various g-10 scales.

Same, there was one floating on the marketplace that was RIT dyed black. I'm much more interested in the custom scale approach. The more thought I put into it the more I want to do a cool carbon twill, and then have the liners and clip flame anno'd.

Back