Bought an Fällkniven A1 around 15 years ago. Have a completely different sheath?

It was the very first month they came out with the knife. All they had then, when it came to these new japan made knifes, was the A1 or F1. I think it was 15-16 years ago that I bought it in forshaga, Sweden.
Was wondering if anyone have the same sheath I have since I haven't seen it anywhere else since.
And yes, It was an unnecessary buy since I haven't used it even once

Last edited:
I only have the current FKs but thanks for posting the photo. While the cordura/nylon sheath doesn't surprise me, the grind at the ricasso being different from the current A1s does. Is your blade a VG10 laminate? I don't see a lamination line although it could be the lighting. Although the solid VG10 F1s preceded the laminated ones, I was not aware of the A1s following the same progression.

I only have the current FKs but thanks for posting the photo. While the cordura/nylon sheath doesn't surprise me, the grind at the ricasso being different from the current A1s does. Is your blade a VG10 laminate? I don't see a lamination line although it could be the lighting. Although the solid VG10 F1s preceded the laminated ones, I was not aware of the A1s following the same progression.

Didn't know that the new ones were laminated. No, there's no laminated line on this one. Seems to be just solid VG10.

They way I remember it, the ones back then were solid vg10, I have a solid s1, same style of nylon sheath, bought a kydex one for it too not long after.

Thanks for the additional photos. That is the first (early) edition that has "VG-10" on the blade. A later version had "VG10".
Then it went to the VG10 core laminate. Can't be sure of exact dates, but Ichiro Hattori started making the solid VG10 F1 in
1997 and the A1 followed very soon after that.

Thanks for the additional photos. That is the first (early) edition that has "VG-10" on the blade. A later version had "VG10".
Then it went to the VG10 core laminate. Can't be sure of exact dates, but Ichiro Hattori started making the solid VG10 F1 in
1997 and the A1 followed very soon after that.

Thanks for the info!

I have the same knife and same sheath. This is one of my if all else fails, go to knives. it has proven itself to me in all manner of situations down to -30F. It has nit had an easy life.

I will have to check and see if mine has the hyphen. I can't remember. But it is straight VG 10, no laminate. It gets scary sharp, and holds its edge well.

That sheath has proven to be tougher than it looks.

I have the same knife and same sheath. This is one of my if all else fails, go to knives. it has proven itself to me in all manner of situations down to -30F. It has nit had an easy life.

I will have to check and see if mine has the hyphen. I can't remember. But it is straight VG 10, no laminate. It gets scary sharp, and holds its edge well.

That sheath has proven to be tougher than it looks.

:thumbup: And I like the looks of the sheath. Looks a little more high end then the plain plastic one.

Back