Bought this today out of curiosity.

Just bought it because I liked the appearance of it. I do that a lot. 15" long. United Cutlery 328. Japan Stainless damascus. Bought it for $40.00 shipped. This must be a discontinued model from United Cutlery, although there is one more listed on ebite that is being offered for $120.00. Did an internet search and couldn't come up with anything. Yes, I know UC sells cheap knives. Seller says it is mint. We will see. Anyone know anything about this knife or Japanese stainless Damascus? Anyone own one? Don't tell me if I got screwed. I cry easy in my old age. LOL LOL Should make a nice letter opener if nothing else. LOL. Happy New Year and hope you have a blessed one. Mike in Missouri PS I use semi-chrome polish on my knife blade. Do you think that it will work ok on this, or just keep it oiled?

Attachments

• uc328 dagger.jpg
    uc328 dagger.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 75
  • uc328 3.jpg
    uc328 3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 50
  • uc328 4.jpg
    uc328 4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 50
  • uc328 blade.jpg
    uc328 blade.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Looks good for $40. If it is damascus i keep mine oiled with gun oil to prevent corrosion.

to me that looks more like a deep etch made to look like Damascus rather than actual Damascus. mainly because the pattern is uniform even on grind line transitions where you would normally be able to see the visible layers as it is ground through. Damascus can look like that on a forged blade that wasn't made from Damascus stock but I don't think that is the case here.

if it is stainless Damascus no oil is needed and polish will remove the pattern after a while and then it will require re-etching . stainless needs hydrochloric acid to etch.

to me that looks more like a deep etch made to look like Damascus rather than actual Damascus. mainly because the pattern is uniform even on grind line transitions where you would normally be able to see the visible layers as it is ground through. Damascus can look like that on a forged blade that wasn't made from Damascus stock but I don't think that is the case here.

Yep, just etched to look like damascus.

Oh well. I think I have my first etched blade knife to add to the collection. At least it didn't break the bank. Heck, the leather sheath is probably worth $5. LOL

Back