• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Boundary Waters Canoe Area

I went on a canoe trip into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area of Northern Minnesota and took a nice picture of my EDC from Fiddleback. Here are a couple of pics that you might like.
My EDC-
IMG_1478.jpg

My EDC and my Fox River from BRKT
IMG_1480.jpg

Walleyes that we caught in about 1 hour- that is me on the right
IMG_1488.jpg

My 17 inch smallmouth bass-
IMG_1464.jpg

The area looked like this-
IMG_1450.jpg

Had a great time, ate way too many meals of fresh walleye, I am now spoiled and the fishing around here just isn't going to be as good.

I used to live in MN and the BWCA is still one of my favorite places in the world!

Thanks for the pics - walleyes are such good eating...

BWCA is awesome. We would portage out of Ely and sometimes stay at Jackpine lodge on Snowbank. Great lake trout at 100ft on Snowbank, eyes would bug out from the pressure difference when you caught them. Kind of oily but smoke up great !!!!!

Haven't been up there in years, miss it. Especially the shorelunch.

Great pics thanks for sharing.

Larry

I'll tell you that nothing makes a knifemaker happier than seeing his work being used on trips like this!

I was hoping you wouldn't mind Andy. The EDC has a nice patina on it now from a wonderful rare sirloin steak that we had the first night of the trip.

BWCA is awesome. We would portage out of Ely and sometimes stay at Jackpine lodge on Snowbank. Great lake trout at 100ft on Snowbank, eyes would bug out from the pressure difference when you caught them. Kind of oily but smoke up great !!!!!

Haven't been up there in years, miss it. Especially the shorelunch.

Great pics thanks for sharing.

Larry

Same here....been years since I have done any real camping like up there. Something always comes up, baseball for boys or work. Thanks for sharing!!

Back