Bow Legged Chopper Review

The knives just got here the other day and I'm rushing them to the sheath maker so I can take them into the field (the kraft paper and jute sheaths Andy sends are great until it rains).:D I just wanted to post a few pictures and my first impressions. More to come in the near future.

The Bow Legged Chopper is a big knife as you can see compared to the Bow Legged Joe. The BLC has a 10" blade and is .25" thick. It has a convex edge and the scales are shaped to keep the knife in your hand during heavy chopping. Andy added a few special features to this one including custom Shadetree scales (thanks Todd) and a crazy bright glow in the dark bulls eye.

picture.php

Here is a picture of the BLC by itself. The grinds are very nice and the time Andy put into the custom scales by Shadetree is obvious.

picture.php

I know a lot of people think a think a .25" inch knife can't be that sharp. Here is a picture for you (that is a 8.5"x11" piece of paper).

picture.php

Thanks Andy and Todd, it turned out great.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Nice photos! These make me even more anxious to receive mine. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday:thumbup::D

They look great. Thanks for working with me on these. Those are very cool knives Andy makes.

Absolutely Beautiful! I hope to make a team of one of these and a Bushy someday. Andy's blades ROCK!

And it looks awesome! I'll try to get some pics up this afternoon:thumbup: Bottom line, it looks and feels incredible. Like all my Fiddlebacks, the handle is super comfortable and fills the hand nicely. I find myself looking around my office for something to chop, but quickly realize that probably isn't the best idea:eek:

Those scales are spectacular... as a matter of fact, the entire knife looks unbelievable.:eek:

Nice counter-top btw.:D

This is one awesome lookin' chopper. It's a bad-asser version of the Rambo 4 knife. Not to say that's where it came from, they're just similar.

Damn that's a cool blade! We need pics of it biting into some wood!

Andy's right though, a bushy would go well with that. :)

Anything with a point really would improve outdoor functionality IMO.

Damn that's a cool blade! We need pics of it biting into some wood!

Andy's right though, a bushy would go well with that. :)

I snuck it out for a brief chopping session before I sent it off for a sheath. If you have not guessed it is blade heavy and chops great. With the convex edge it bites deep and doesn't get stuck. The handle shape allows you to choke back and get extra leverage and snap into your swings.

Great job Andy.

It has been a rough week, super busy Monday and Tuesday, a funeral yesterday and then overcast today:( I did manage some glamour shots earlier this afternoon though and you can find them here.

Back