Bow Legged Joe

I received my first Fiddleback knife yesterday. Andy has already posted great pics of my knife (the one with Purpleheart and Maple), which you can see here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627311&page=2

As was described in a previous post, the knife and JRE sheath came cleverly wrapped in brown paper, tied with a small piece of string and with Andy's card attached. Andy even included the cork shown in the pictures and a neck chain for the sheath.

As sweet as those pictures look, I still don't think they do Andy's craftsmanship justice. The handle is absolutely stunning. The contouring and various layers are simply amazing. Even my wife, who couldn't care any less about knives, though it was beautiful.

I've been carrying this knife all day in my front pocket and have used it for various tasks around the office, opening boxes, etc. I believe this was the niche Andy was trying to fill, a non-threatening, office safe, fixed blade knife and I think his design has certainly met that goal.

I love the knife and look forward to more Fiddlebacks in my future.

Cool ass. I'm glad you like it! THat is exactly the intended usage. There is no point to scare the sheeple, and its almost cute looking in your hand, so it shouldn't draw unwanted attention. Please let me know what you think of it as you use it. Yours was only maybe the third one I've shipped!

Thats not a 'cork' thats a hand crafted wooden knife display stand. DAMNIT!

Please let me know what you think of it as you use it. Yours was only maybe the third one I've shipped!

On its first day out and about, I actually used it quite a bit (for an office environment). Opened two packages and several envelopes, which can't even be considered a workout for this little guy. I was worried about the feel of a two fingered grip, but it is actually quite comfortable and provides ample control. The neck sheath fits it nicely and is comfortable to carry in a front pocket as well. I started with it in my right pocket, but ultimately moved it to left alongside my cell phone. Didn't even notice that it was there really.

This design is awesome. I picked up one a while back and love it. I mainly carry it in my pocket and it fits perfectly. One of my coworkers saw it and said it looks like a pocket cleaver. I constantly use it for any number of small tasks such as opening packages. I love the handle shape because it is small but allows great control.

Andy -

Any chance you will be doing a run of these? Sign me up!

Thats not a 'cork' thats a hand crafted wooden knife display stand. DAMNIT!

LOL, I actually missed mine in the package for my Woodsman. I found it when I was tossing the box and took a second look inside.

C'mon Andy, what'll it take to persuade you to make a run of these bowlegged babies?

Back