1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bow River

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Murphjd25, Aug 15, 2019 at 11:17 PM.

1. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Got mine in today. Overall I’m impressed with it for being what it is, a budget fixed blade made in China. I’m probably going to buy a few more. Only nit pic I have with it is them not fully sharpening the entire blade to the choil. Easy fix though. The sheath is pretty damn nice too for an overall package of $32.50. I’m hoping to catch some fish this weekend and clean em and filet em. Looks like it’s going to be a good Slicer.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

woodysone, Filoso, trevitrace and 2 others like this.
  2. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    That looks great... especially at the price.

If it makes you feel any better neither of the two Wilson knives I own came fully sharpened all the way down. Not to the extent of the spyderco offering, but I always assumed it was designed like that for safety reasons.

woodysone and Murphjd25 like this.
  3. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    Yeah, I was assuming it was to protect some people from getting cut. I’ll take the edge all the way back this weekend when I get some downtime finally! It sounds like this is intentional on Phil Wilson’s part then I am going to assume. Not a problem!

woodysone likes this.
  4. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Where did you get yours from? I've been waiting for them to go in-stock (didn't preorder), but it doesn't seem like the major shops have them yet?

5. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    I got mine from DLT.

lmcq784 likes this.
  6. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. But unfortunately, they're showing out of stock already. o_O:(

Murphjd25 likes this.
  7. ReignChaser

ReignChaser

May 26, 2019
    Every place that got them in stock ran out quickly. I got mine from Cutlery Shoppe on the night of the 13th, but in less than an hour they were sold out.

lmcq784 likes this.
  8. TimboKhan

TimboKhan

Apr 3, 2008
    I have had mine on pre-order since the day they went up on knife center. Still no knife, but I am patient.

lmcq784 likes this.
  9. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    May not be related or that relevant, but some of my Spyderco kitchen knives are sharpened just like that. I figured it was intentional but I dunno.