1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Bow River

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Murphjd25, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Got mine in today. Overall I’m impressed with it for being what it is, a budget fixed blade made in China. I’m probably going to buy a few more. Only nit pic I have with it is them not fully sharpening the entire blade to the choil. Easy fix though. The sheath is pretty damn nice too for an overall package of $32.50. I’m hoping to catch some fish this weekend and clean em and filet em. Looks like it’s going to be a good Slicer.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    That looks great... especially at the price.

If it makes you feel any better neither of the two Wilson knives I own came fully sharpened all the way down. Not to the extent of the spyderco offering, but I always assumed it was designed like that for safety reasons.

woodysone and Murphjd25 like this.
  3. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    Yeah, I was assuming it was to protect some people from getting cut. I’ll take the edge all the way back this weekend when I get some downtime finally! It sounds like this is intentional on Phil Wilson’s part then I am going to assume. Not a problem!

woodysone likes this.
  4. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Where did you get yours from? I've been waiting for them to go in-stock (didn't preorder), but it doesn't seem like the major shops have them yet?

5. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    I got mine from DLT.

lmcq784 likes this.
  6. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. But unfortunately, they're showing out of stock already. o_O:(

Murphjd25 likes this.
  7. ReignChaser

ReignChaser

May 26, 2019
    Every place that got them in stock ran out quickly. I got mine from Cutlery Shoppe on the night of the 13th, but in less than an hour they were sold out.

lmcq784 likes this.
  8. TimboKhan

TimboKhan

Apr 3, 2008
    I have had mine on pre-order since the day they went up on knife center. Still no knife, but I am patient.

lmcq784 likes this.
  9. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    May not be related or that relevant, but some of my Spyderco kitchen knives are sharpened just like that. I figured it was intentional but I dunno.

10. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I just saw Bow River in stock at the knife place that works. KW

I’m not sure if the can list their name on Bladeforums.

lmcq784 likes this.
  11. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
  12. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I love my sprig as well. Wish I could get one more.

But the bow river also hits a very different spot on the economy scale... I want a few! It'll be great to give those out to my hunting friends.

13. bowman47

bowman47

Apr 15, 2007
    I got my Bow River a couple of days ago. I'm really liking it and I think it's a great value!

lmcq784 likes this.
  14. sodak

sodak

Mar 26, 2004
    Just picked up a couple myself. Going to extend the grind to the choil and we'll see how they do.

Murphjd25, lmcq784 and 4mer_FMF like this.
  15. Brad "the butcher"

Brad "the butcher"

Dec 15, 2008
    I see my new fishing knife! Can't bring myself to buy the pricey Wilson as much as I love it with it getting beat up salmon fishing
    This looks love a great mid level user.....plus I don't need to pack ceramic or diamond stones

sodak, Murphjd25 and lmcq784 like this.
  16. Murphjd25

Apr 27, 2016
    It does do pretty well at gutting and filleting some silvers and kings:)

sodak, WValtakis and lmcq784 like this.
  17. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    Finally got my ship notice. Excited to get them in!

sodak likes this.
  18. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    I like the dual color G10 handle. You can cop a good feel with it. The blade is well pinned to the handle.

sodak and lmcq784 like this.
  19. beattheheat

beattheheat

Jan 13, 2018
    Inch by inch this is THE best knife you can buy ANYWHERE for that price ($32,50),i did cut up some big slab's of beef thinking if it would do the job.but surprisingly (for me!) it stood up to the task,i will buy one or 2 more,Sal & Eric,this Phil Wilson designed "little big knife is a hit!

sodak, inkynate and lmcq784 like this.
  20. zhyla

zhyla

Sep 11, 2011
    Got mine today. Super impressed. The bevel is not super consistent on mine but otherwise it’s pretty spotless. Have not done much with it yet but it feels great in hand and the blade geometry seems perfect.

For the price, honesty even if it weren’t a Spyderco it’s a total steal.