Bowie recommendation

Bowie's are what we want, not what we need! :D
Those BRK Vest Pocket Bowie's are still availible, some of them in wood.

My pick for a smaller Bowie/Camp knife was the 2016 #A Limited Edition.
7" bladelenght and enough weight to do some chopping, but easy to pack or beltcarry.
Only 70 made and no regrets, as it has proven to be what I hoped it would be.
FB_IMG_1520204918665.jpg

Regards
Mikael

The custom i sold was damn near a short sword.

What's wrong with that? Nothing like a knife with a blade as long as your forearm. o_O

Bowie's are what we want, not what we need! :D

Mikael is right! Owning a good bowie knife is one of life's simple pleasures.

50053593618_08ca39818c_b.jpg

For a production knife I like the old Camillus/Fisk bowies. The one above is the 11" model, but there was a smaller 7" made as well. You'll have to do some searching, but it'll be worth it in the end.

What's wrong with that? Nothing like a knife with a blade as long as your forearm. o_O

Mikael is right! Owning a good bowie knife is one of life's simple pleasures.

50053593618_08ca39818c_b.jpg

For a production knife I like the old Camillus/Fisk bowies. The one above is the 11" model, but there was a smaller 7" made as well. You'll have to do some searching, but it'll be worth it in the end.

I should have bought the 7" when they were availible.

Regards
Mikael

Ok i figured I would update this thread. I went against everything I posted (I'm a hypocrite) and ended up having a custom, non bowie (kinda kephart) camp knife made haha

Buck's 119 'Special', or 120 'General', or 124 'Frontiersman' are my suggestions.
I have used a 120 General since 1972 (along with a lot of other knives as well). It has always been a decent if smaller, camp knife. I currently use a 119 a lot as an edc, and keep one on my pistol belt with the Glock... The Frontiersman 124 I owned went down the river to someone who liked it more than I did..
Most of my larger knives are Cold Steel, like the Trailmaster, which I love but is a bit large and heavy for casual carry. Also have a few kukris including 2 very sharp Cold Steel versions. Kukris make excellent camping knives and are trustworthy as implements of self-defense.

Back