bowled out t6 screw removal?

hey guys so long story short i stripped a t6 pretty badly and tried to use a screw extractor to remove it which just completley bowled out the bit head. I was wondering if anyone knows any options to remove it? its a scale screw so the dremel idea is kinda out i can take a pic on my break. Is there any other options to do or should i try to find a micro screw extractor? i plan on ordering new t6 screws for it once i get it out.

Pic of screw https://imgur.com/a/D0xAPnH

Last edited:
You can try a sharp/hardened flat head screwdriver. Has worked for me in the past.
t6 should have a diameter of around 1.7mm .
Try a small flat/slot head. Closest standard size is the 1/16 (1.5875mm) flathead.
I just checked my Wiha set and it also includes 2 metric sizes 1.5mm and 1.8.
I would go with the 1.8 and dig it in to the sides of the screw if there are still any sides left and then turn,
otherwise go with the 1/16" or the 1.5mm.
Good luck

You can try a sharp/hardened flat head screwdriver. Has worked for me in the past.
t6 should have a diameter of around 1.7mm .
Try a small flat/slot head. Closest standard size is the 1/16 (1.5875mm) flathead.
I just checked my Wiha set and it also includes 2 metric sizes 1.5mm and 1.8.
I would go with the 1.8 and dig it in to the sides of the screw if there are still any sides left and then turn,
otherwise go with the 1/16" or the 1.5mm.
Good luck
yeah its pretty badly dished but i might be able to carve it out some with a file or dremel piece to at least get a little bite.

A thing to think about is that it might have stripped out for a reason, and that there might be more going on than a soft head on the screw. Unless you have removed this screw before in past, there is the possibility that some sort of threadlocker has been applied. If that's the case, an improvised slot isn't going to get you much farther. I would stick a soldering iron into that bowl and heat it up and soften any chemicals in there before your next attempt. If slotting it doesn't work, I have used the micro screw extractor I got from Rockler on a couple of occasions, and any good woodworking store ought to stock a set.

A thing to think about is that it might have stripped out for a reason, and that there might be more going on than a soft head on the screw. Unless you have removed this screw before in past, there is the possibility that some sort of threadlocker has been applied. If that's the case, an improvised slot isn't going to get you much farther. I would stick a soldering iron into that bowl and heat it up and soften any chemicals in there before your next attempt. If slotting it doesn't work, I have used the micro screw extractor I got from Rockler on a couple of occasions, and any good woodworking store ought to stock a set.
Well I took the other side of the scale out with no issues the problem was the scale was just slightly off centered and me being an idiot trying to out it back in i over did it and stripped it then proceeded to mess it up more trying to extract it

Back