• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Brave Heart, corn knives???

Can anyone tell me the name of the single or double pointed, machete like, edged weapons in the movie "Brave Heart",
Ironhorse

If it is what I think you are talking about, The slightly strange looking pole arm, the name I know them by is Loch Arbor Axe.

Mike

Or is it that strange looking, wider at the tip, sword type thing? I've been trying to find out about that one myself. Anyone know?

Paul

the strange machete type sword you see is a falchion precurser to the cutlass and some say the saber

The Falchion began in the 13th century,and reached its zenith in the 15th century. The battle of Sterling Bridge, in the middle of the, "Brave Heart", film took place in the middle of the 17th century,.The film was to be historically correct, but with a fiction story plot. I realize it is a farm tool/Sax type of weapon,but it must have a name!! Ironhorse

Back