Breaking News - Gurkhas Drop Khukuri

Howard Wallace

News Flash

(4/1/01, APP wire, Kathmandu, Delhi, London)

In a surprise joint announcement, representatives of the major Gurkha regiments announced that the famed Gurkha warriors would no longer carry the curved knife with which they have long been associated. The khukuri is the national knife of Nepal, and has been used from time immemorial by the hill people of that nation, from whence the Gurkhas come.

The new issue weapon will be a form of cutlass. When asked what motivated the change the regimental representatives refused official comment. Unofficially one representative said, “We just found out that for all of these years we’ve been sharpening the wrong side!”

biggrin.gif
LOL
biggrin.gif

It almost had credibility, until the last line. Good job Howard!

Bob

:
Had me goin there for a bit as well Howard. Good one!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
>>>>---Yvsa-G@WebTV.net---->®

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

Howard,
"Whew"!Funny thing is,until the last line, "I believed it"! Nothing "Higher"commands do surprises me anymore!
jim

You got me too, Howard.
smile.gif
(Until the last line, of course.) The real problem comes when you read these things from April 1 on April 2.

Paul

------------------
Paul Neubauer
prn@bsu.edu
A tool is, basically, an object that enables you to take advantage of the laws of physics and mechanics in such a way that you can seriously injure yourself.

Same here. Good one, Howard!

Bob

------------------
The Milk Snake: Beautiful, harmless, good-natured, eats venomous snakes for lunch.

Back