Brend's Bad Boy Blade....

I just recieved this the other day along with another custom knife that I've been waiting on. This knife here is a Beast!

Here's a little discription and history on the knife and the soldiers that this knife commemerates.

I borrowed this info from Mr. Bobby Branton's site who I purchased this fine piece of steel from:

Merrill’s Marauders Knife
By
Walter J. Brend and Branton Knife Co.

Walter J. Brend has teamed up with Bobby Branton of Branton Knife Company and with The “MERRILL’S MARAUDERS” Association to present you with the first piece of cutlery to bear the name and logo of the famous “Merrill’s Marauders”. The Marauders knife was designed by Walter Brend and Army Ranger Justin Gingrich and was tested and approved by the Army Rangers at Fort Benning Ga. The Marauders knife will be available only through Branton Knife Company. Below is a little history on “Merrill’s Marauders”. In August 1943 at the "Quebec Conference", President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and other allied leaders decided that an American Long Range Penetration Mission behind the Japanese Lines in Burma was needed to destroy the Japanese supply lines and communications and to play havoc with the enemy forces while an attempt was made to reopen the much needed Burma Road. The Unit was officially designated as the "5307th Composite Unit (Provisional)" Code Name: GALAHAD", later it became popularly known as "MERRILL'S MARAUDERS" named after its leader, Brigadier General Frank Merrill.

For more information on “Merrill’s Marauders” go to www.marauders.org/history/htm The Marauders knife is a combat knife built with a 7 1/4 inch Kukri type blade for chopping with a deep
recurve for close quarters combat. Made from D-2 steel hand ground by Master knifemaker Walter Brend. The Marauders knife has Walter’s signature ergonomic model # 2 handle style slightly dropped for effective chopping ability. Below are the specs for the Marauder knife.

Design – Kukri type combat with deep recurve, integral guard and dropped handle.
Blade Steel - D-2
Finish – Hand rubbed satin
Blade length - 7 ¼ inch
Overall length - 13 ¼ inches
Handle - black canvas Micarta
Sheath – kydex
Features – limited edition will be numbered 1-25 and will bear the “Merrill’s Marauders” logo

I just wanted to thank Walter Brend and Bobby Branton for the opportunity to get my hands on this awesome knife.

Sorry but I can't post a pic or a scan of this knife but there are several examples here on Mr. Brantons forum.

Thanks
Ross T.

P.S.Bobby? I keep hearing this blade telling me that my neigbor doesn't need his wooden deck anymore. Did you include this feature on this knife because it keeps saying it wants to put his deck out of it's mysery????:confused: :D;)

Let me try it this way.

attachment.php

Enjoy
Ross T.

Back