Fieldstripping time - 30 seconds

Kimber Micro 9

Overall length - 6"
Height - 4"
Weight - 17.5 oz
Capacity - 6 + 1
Sights - 3 white dots
Fieldstripping time - 1 minute, 5 seconds

We put 100 rounds of Federal 115 grain hardball through each gun, (50 rounds each), with no malfunctions of any kind.

We shot the guns at 5, 7, and 10 yards. Accuracy was about equal. I was expecting more recoil from the Kimber, this was not the case, both guns are very pleasant to shoot.

Connie preferred the Kimber (probably because it`s prettier), I really had no preference, I like them equally.

I know this is not much of a review, but I`ll post more after a few more outings. At this time I will still stick to the Glock for carry, it already has over 500 rounds of ball ammo through it, and 100 rounds of hollowpoints. I won`t carry the Kimber until more rounds have been put through it, and I get a couple of extra magazines for it.

Here are the guns we shot yesterday.

Kimber Micro 9 and Glock 43

pic host

My 20 year old Kimber Classic .45 and Connie`s S&W M&P .22 Compact

image hosting more than 5mb

I will also mention that the range will let you try any gun in the rental section and give you 5 rounds of ammo for free. (Can't beat that!). Connie tried out the Kimber Micro .380, now she wants one for herself.

Man that Micro 9 is sweet!

And all stainless to. Thats what i like best about my Micro .380. No matter how much you sweat, no worrying about rust.

My wife had one look at the Kimber Micro Sapphire 380,.... "Oh I want that!"

th

But she did go on to say that it is too pretty to carry concealed and for that price tag, she wouldn't want to hide it anyway!

She still carries her S&W Bodyguard 380 (I hate the trigger), but says she will get that Kimber one day.

*She wouldn't even hold a Glock.

Thanks for the pics and review. I've had a Kimber 45 for several years and it's a pleasure to shoot. I would love to get a Micro but my G43 isn't even broke in yet. I hope my next Kimber is a K6S. I just haven't told my wife yet.

awesome. thanks for this thread John. i find it interesting that you didn't have any F2F issues. boy, i know i did the first few magazines i went through. got better after, so that's good. the only other thing that i don't like about my micro 9 is that the slide stop pin barely sticks out of the frame, which obviously makes it tough to push out.

now, i am new to the 1911 platform (which i now love), but i recently picked up an SA Range Officer compact, and the strip and assembly is much easier/quicker. BUT, i do like the micro 9. the size is great. i bought some extended mags for it. i just need more range time with it. i am guessing it will all get easier with use.

thanks for the review John.

and btw...the K6S...i stumbled across a gun show this past weekend. we have a fairgrounds about a mile from my house. was taking the boy (home from school) up to get some coffee at dunkies, and the sign said, "Lamoille Valley Rod & Gun Club". that was it. i said, "I wonder what that is. let's check it out. I hope it's a gun show!" so, sure enough! a big gun show. spent a couple hours there with the boy. fun. but anyhoooo, my point is that one dealer had the K6S and i was excited to take a look. ultimately, i didn't like how it fit my hand, but it sure was a nice rig.

I used a plastic punch I made to push the pin out, it does not stick out like a 1911. No FTF in 100 rounds, and Connie shot half of them.

I used a plastic punch I made to push the pin out, it does not stick out like a 1911.

ahhh, ok. good to know that it is not really like a 1911. and good to know it's not just me. :D

and yeah, i used something last time, but it was just whatever was at hand that i didn't think would scratch the frame. good reminder. i should make something particularly for that task. thanks!

Nice pistols sir. I keep talking myself out of the glock 43 but this will probably be the year for one lol.

Nice review. Thanks for sharing

Back