BRK Mountain Man 8

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Dabling, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Dabling

Dabling Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Does anyone have a Mountain Man 8? Do you use it? Thoughts on its use in butchering? Food prep? Difference between A2 and 3v versions?

2. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I feel sure it would work just fine for butchering. 3v version should simply hold an edge longer than A2. The Dadley's are kind of appealing and would work fine too.

3. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2006
    That knife is probably one of the very best all around outdoor knives available.
    It'll slice onions, and it will butcher a buffler!

Dabling likes this.
  4. Dabling

Dec 28, 2005
    Do you own one? I have to be honest and say, I’m looking for one. I’ve tried the want to buy area of the exchange and looked all over the internet.

5. Gadsden

Gadsden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2014
    I have the smaller model in 3V. Trust me it's a great butcher knife.

Dabling likes this.
  6. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2006
    I don't own one yet. I sharpened one for my neice's husband, and I fell in love with the "feel" of it. I would have never imagined that such a enormous blade could feel so alive in the hand.

Dabling likes this.
  7. Dabling

Dec 28, 2005
    I bought my really good friend the Mountain Man Dadley, as he had a few of the Green River Dadleys, and he is loosing his mind about how much he loves it. He sometimes works at a farm, butchering hogs and turkeys. I think they are starting to butcher this week. I’ll ask him how it does.

Ben Dover likes this.