Broke Tidioute

I have a Tidioute Ben Hogan lockback.It's about a year old and has had no abuse and minimal use. When I opened it tonite it locked up and won't close. I even pressed back lock with pliers but still locked up... nothing looks broken. Anyone know how I should proceed?

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Send it straight to GEC! I know they will fix it. Do not force it with pliers!!

I have a Tidioute Ben Hogan lockback.It's about a year old and has had no abuse and minimal use. When I opened it tonite it locked up and won't close. I even pressed back lock with pliers but still locked up... nothing looks broken. Anyone know how I should proceed?

General rule of thumb: You should never use pliers on a pocketknife!

67nick

Gold Member
I've got a 15 with a broken pen blade back at GEC now, great customer service with those fine folks!

meako

Gold Member
I'd contact GEC as has been suggested.
But just out of interest... where has it been?
I'm interested because I own several GECs (not your particular model)although a couple are LB and they live in my cupboard in a tackle box and rarely see the light of day.All are fine I just want to avoid problems like this.

Have you tried pipe cleaners or Militec on it? When you send it back, make sure you have the tip and edge covered. I've gotten a few knives that were shipped out of the sheath, and some were poking through the box.

The knife was in a KSF pocket slip on my desk. Worked fine a few days ago then froze open yesterday. It has been used to cut apples, potatoes, envelopes, and cardboard. Never twisted, used as a pry, nor dropped even on carpet.

oldrifleman

Platinum Member
Could it be that fruit or other juice got into the pivot and the sugars have gummed up the works? I would try a couple of things, maybe washing it out with Real hot water followed by some oil into the joint might loosen things up a bit. Steven

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC