Broken Omega spring

Id rather be without a knife for a few days then put any part in it that isnt the original. now with guns or guitars or cars you have good 3rd party upgrades but as far as benchmade knives goes youre better off just sending it in.

I agree with you Blop, I'd be better off with making my own replacements as a consideration for long term.

By the way, this does not apply to all Benchmade knife owners but to those living outside of the USA.

My guitar string spring is still doing just fine. Like I said before, lock up is rock solid, no play in the lock bar and no blade play.

If the other spring happens to break, then I will be sending it to Benchmade. I feel pretty confident with my homemade spring, but I wouldn't trust the lock with two homemade springs (just like I didn't trust the lock with only one stock Omega spring).

Though you'd be better off putting back the broken Omega spring back inside, the presence of a guitar string spring means it's very obvious you've voided the warranty (part about not modifying/opening-up ur benchmades).

I sent an email to Benchmade repair recently and it took them nearly two weeks to get back to me. Hopefully, they'll be a little quicker replacing the broken omega springs on my mini-grip.

I sent an email to Benchmade repair recently and it took them nearly two weeks to get back to me. Hopefully, they'll be a little quicker replacing the broken omega springs on my mini-grip.

Their email service has been slow lately, but that's ridiculously slow. It shouldn't take that long, it took them about a week and a half round trip to replace the blade on one of my sheepsfoot mini grips.

How many emails and phone calls did you make?
And they never replied??

mike

Admittedly I only called once. But I sent three emails. I'm not knocking Benchmade, they make an outstanding product and everything I've read about their customer service has been good. Sometimes things fall through the cracks and you can't make everyone happy immediately. I work in retail and until recently worked as a customer service manager in a grocery store (I took a "demotion" that meant having a set schedule, more knife money and no custoemrs, now I just have to deal with vendors), I know that dealing with unhappy customers isn't easy and sometimes things don't work out. This experience won't sour me on Benchmade.

I just decided to see if I could fix it myself and it's still holding strong. I don't want to toot my own horn too much, but the knife is as perfect as it was the day I got it. I don't expect it to last forever, but as a quick fix it's working out very well. And I'm very glad to have it back in my pocket.

nice temp job Psychopomp!

one day I gotta go visit them and I'll ask them about the omega springs!

Back