1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Brown Bro., Union Razor, Tidioute, Union Cutlery, Ka-Bar

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Rockon75, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Rockon75

Rockon75 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Just going to drop this right here. You'd think you were watching a history or discovery channel special on historical knife companies. Extremely well done.

2. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    I agree. Thanks for posting this up. :thumbsup:

3. MTHall720

MTHall720 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Great video!

4. Rockon75

Dec 8, 2008
    :thumbsup:

5. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Great video:thumbsup: Thanks for posting. I have an Olean Cutlery hunting knife. Picked it up at a flea market for I think 5 bucks. Had a tiny bit of the tip broke and a broken pin in the handle slabs. I fixed it up and made a sheath for it. Thanks to the great people here I found out Olean Cutlery was another offshoot of Union.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It most likely a century old, great to see some history behind the knives we like.

6. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Well I came across another good knife vid,and instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd add it here. I know I like this kind of thing and I'm sure some of you do as well. Maybe we can make this one of our regular threads. When one of us finds a good knife history vid,or a vid about a particular maker,maybe post it here. I hope @Rockon75 dont mind expanding on this thread:):thumbsup:

7. Rockon75

Dec 8, 2008
    And if more videos get posted, we can change the thread name to something more appropriate. What should the title be?

Misplaced Hillbilly likes this.
  8. Blake the Blade

Blake the Blade

Mar 28, 2015
    Watched it just the other night. Great overview into American knives.

Rockon75 and Misplaced Hillbilly like this.