Brown Bro., Union Razor, Tidioute, Union Cutlery, Ka-Bar

Great video:thumbsup: Thanks for posting. I have an Olean Cutlery hunting knife. Picked it up at a flea market for I think 5 bucks. Had a tiny bit of the tip broke and a broken pin in the handle slabs. I fixed it up and made a sheath for it. Thanks to the great people here I found out Olean Cutlery was another offshoot of Union.
ZeFadea.jpg
Z8oGjbY.jpg
MEo0JIC.jpg

It most likely a century old, great to see some history behind the knives we like.

Well I came across another good knife vid,and instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd add it here. I know I like this kind of thing and I'm sure some of you do as well. Maybe we can make this one of our regular threads. When one of us finds a good knife history vid,or a vid about a particular maker,maybe post it here. I hope Rockon75 Rockon75 dont mind expanding on this thread:):thumbsup:

Well I came across another good knife vid,and instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd add it here. I know I like this kind of thing and I'm sure some of you do as well. Maybe we can make this one of our regular threads. When one of us finds a good knife history vid,or a vid about a particular maker,maybe post it here. I hope Rockon75 Rockon75 dont mind expanding on this thread:):thumbsup:

And if more videos get posted, we can change the thread name to something more appropriate. What should the title be?

I think you already figured out it’s a union cutlery knife. I have this exact same knife. It was my great grandfathers fishing - utility knife. I thought it said onion - 😂 the U wasn’t struck well on mine either. I thought you might like to see it. Dang - I’m on an iPhone & can’t figure out how to upload the pic …

Last edited:
Back