BSA 100th Anniversary knives

Guys,

I could have sworn that when I was at the Blade show in Atlanta that I saw someone other than Schrade have a big display of commemorative knives for Boy Scouts of America's 100th Birthday. Being an Eagle Scout and still having a very soft spot for all Boy Scout Knives I am very interested to find some. I am not really interested in Chinese Schrade Commemoratives but I could have sworn Case or Remington had some on display at Blade. I searched but found nothing. Anyone else seen anything?

Thanks,
Jerry

The 100th Boy Scout knives are only made by Schrade.They are about 14 different models nice knives.

The 100th Boy Scout knives are only made by Schrade.

:( Bummer. Case has had a few Eagle Scout runs and I believe Remington has a commemorative scout knife going. I've seen a couple, but haven't seriously looked at them. I'd love to have one for my Eagle Anniversary....

Link: http://remington.com/products/accessories/cutlery/collectibles/boy-scouts-of-america-2010.aspx

I still have the only 'Scout' knife I ever used while I was in, a Wenger Tinker that my dad handed down to me. Still has my name and T-1312 engraved on the scales from the 97 Jamboree.

When I saw the Schrade Anniversary knife, I turned away. Staglon :barf: Made in China :barf:

I hoped that someone would step in and make a special line here in the US, but oh well. I understand economics, but damn.

:mad::thumbdn:

By the way, I purchased and sent to my brother, who is an Eagle, the OLD Schrade 75th knife. He was very pleased. I wouldn't touch this other stuff with a ten foot pole.

You might contact Bear & Sons. They made some Scout knives for a while, but fit & finish were lacking on some.

~Chris

The latest issue of Knife World has an ad announcing the Remington re-creation of the "Original boy Scouts of America Pocketknife" from 1924, the RS3333. Comes with a commemerative poster....just sayin'

I have found a bunch of Case and Victorinox Official BSA knives as well as a 2010 merit badge plaque from Case so there are good BSA knives out there. Just none that say 100th Anniversary othe than Schrade. Bummer To all you Eagles out there. I just found Buck does engraved 505s for Eagle Scouts. I plan on getting one for myself and my nephew.

Jerry

I have found a bunch of Case and Victorinox Official BSA knives as well as a 2010 merit badge plaque from Case so there are good BSA knives out there. Just none that say 100th Anniversary othe than Schrade. Bummer To all you Eagles out there. I just found Buck does engraved 505s for Eagle Scouts. I plan on getting one for myself and my nephew.

Jerry

FYI: Case does make the Scout knife, as a 'Junior Scout'; why they do make it smaller than the standard size, I don't know. The main problem is that the can opener is almost non-functional, from what I've heard. A council office member here has one, and he's not too happy with it's (lack of) utility.

Definitely get that Buck. :thumbup:

~Chris

Yes, Buck does continue to make a 'discontinued' 505 lockback as a custom make-up just for folks with Eagle badges. You have to contact Buck by email or call customer service and you will have to write letter stating what, when and where. And you will receive the deserving and special knife. Search Buck Knives and then click on customer service for numbers and addresses. 300Bucks

Comes without thumb stud
EagleKnife.jpg

Eagle2.jpg

Photos from the Buck Forum by Goose.

The Remingtons are made in the US however I prefer the 2009 (still available many places) over the 2010. The 09 is very similar to my early 1900's Remington Scout knife while the '10 has the slimmer blade and build.

2009remcopy.jpg

I only buy USA knives. However my son has the Schrade Old Timer Trapper BSA 100th Anniversary knife.They will be the ones Scouts will collect because the date and display tins.It is top quality made.Take a second look at the current quality on the scout knives.

The Remingtons are made in the US however I prefer the 2009 (still available many places) over the 2010. The 09 is very similar to my early 1900's Remington Scout knife while the '10 has the slimmer blade and build.

2009remcopy.jpg

I've been looking everywhere I know to and can't seem to find what steel Remington uses for these. It's probably right in front of me but I can't see it. Can you help?:eek:

Absintheur- Yep I have the 2009 remington, it is nice.

I might have to break down and buy the nnicest looking Schrade if they are the only ones that say 100 year Ann.

I think BSA, being the Boy Scouts of AMERICA, you'd think they might get some non made in China stuff. All of my uniform is made in China! T87

It looks like Case is stepping up with 100th Anniversary BSA knives - Bless 'em. Probably be getting one of these for my scout.

A Saddlehorn -
907f1b4758e371a00348f49c74b0d6ba5g.jpg

And a Trapper -
9914339d9ec4447a22cd00677768c3bf5g.jpg

Back