Bub Lum Design Little Encounter-pics and review

Here’s a knife from Seki-Cut, a cutlery consortium in Japan. It’s a Bob Lum design, the Little Encounter. The handles are Micarta, which is one of my favorite materials. The blade is D-2 steel. D-2 is a hard steel; it takes a good edge and holds it.
DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

So here is the knife. The blade opens really smoothly, and lock up is quite solid. Construction is excellent. The pocket clip is long, which to me is a drawback, albeit a minor one. It does make this knife extremely secure in your pocket, and if you want something that will stay clipped, this is it. This isn’t really ambidextrous, so it’s not perfect for left handers.
DSC01382.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

This knife can be ordered from www.japaneseknifedirect.com. This is a site in Japan, but shipping to anyplace in the world is by international express for only $7. That is a deal. This knife took 5 days to go from Japan to Florida. Great deal on a delivered knife and a top quality knife at that.
DSC01384.jpg

I have a handful of various Encounters ;) And I carry a few all the time. I carry the large Micarta SC-105 and the large SC-100 anodized aluminum handle. In fact, check out my avatar ;)

I have the large aluminum, Micarta and G10 and the small Micarta and G10.

I love them and they are fairly priced too.

Good choice for a great medium duty EDC!

Last edited:
Back