Buck 101 Hunter Fixed Blade

I carry a 110 everyday but personally see no reason to own a 101. I think a designed from the start to be a fixed blade knife, like the 105, is a better knife as a fixed blade.

Jmo, pete

I have a 101 but don't use it. It's a nice size and fits the hand great. I just wish they would have put a rear bolster on it and pins that resemble a 110 more.

I want one but don't think it'll get carried much-looks like there's no strap, flap or buckle to keep the knife in the sheath. Doesn't seem like a good idea for climbing into a deer stand or fishing from a dock.

I want one but don't think it'll get carried much-looks like there's no strap, flap or buckle to keep the knife in the sheath. Doesn't seem like a good idea for climbing into a deer stand or fishing from a dock.
It looks like it sits pretty deep in the sheath. With a reasonably snug fit I'd bet it stays in the sheath pretty well.

Most Scandinavian makes like Helle and the Pukko have similar sheaths and do just fine.

I have a 101 but don't use it. It's a nice size and fits the hand great. I just wish they would have put a rear bolster on it and pins that resemble a 110 more.

Isn’t this year’s Club knife a fixed blade 110? Complete with front and rear bolsters, even the notch for the lock on the back... like they put 110 frames and scales on a 101.

R Ryan Shackleton - One of the vendors has a model with the flap over sheath. I don’t recall which, but that was a feature I was looking for as well.

Copper &Clad shows the old style full flap sheath with the 101 models they offer.

It looks like it sits pretty deep in the sheath. With a reasonably snug fit I'd bet it stays in the sheath pretty well.

Most Scandinavian makes like Helle and the Pukko have similar sheaths and do just fine.
Ever since my dad got back from chasing down a wounded pheasant and realized his knife was somewhere in the field(we never did find it) strapless sheaths for me are little more than blade covers while the knife is in my tackle box. Should have a good bit of fun money next paycheck, I'll look into the C&C offerings, thanks.

I saw this knife for a good price but passed. I have a 110 and I love that the 110 can be a folder and yet do what a fixed knife does. I have a 119. But the fixed blade 110 doesn't have the guard of a 119 nor the convenience of folding. Sort of the worst of both. In my opinion useful only to the person who must have every version of a 110.

I really love the looks of it, and if they could sell them the same price as the 110 I'd definitely want one.
If not I've already got a 110 and this would not do anything different for me.

I have a 101 clip point in 420HC from C&C with the flap over sheath. It is awesome in the kitchen and super easy to clean. The weight is balanced just right without the rear bolster. I recommend it.

I believe you can find it with a drop point and 5160 if you like.

Buck%2BBros.jpg

Looks very nice. I thought about the rear bolster and figured it was better without it. Afterall the full tang will add some weight where the folder is empty to accomodate the blade.

Why does the blade have a kick when it's not a folding knife? I wish it had a smoother transition from the blade to the guard. Other than that, it's a great looking knife.

I guess the kick gives it a 110 look. I'm okay with that. I could give or take. The club knife I don't like though. The rear bolster is fine, but a fake lock? For the novelty collector I guess.

I can't find the post now, but I recall someone asking where they could find a sheath for a 110 because they wanted to carry it 110 open. They liked the 110 so much but did not want to open it and close it every time they needed it which was often. I thought that was very interesting at the time. The post was before this 101 was introduced and before the Buck made auto too.

I use the 113 for deer hunting but its a tad small. Plan to get a 101 to replace it but must get drop point. I've broken too many 110 clip blade tips(not abusing or prying).

I can't find the post now, but I recall someone asking where they could find a sheath for a 110 because they wanted to carry it 110 open. They liked the 110 so much but did not want to open it and close it every time they needed it which was often. I thought that was very interesting at the time. The post was before this 101 was introduced and before the Buck made auto too.

I remember that thread like it was yesterday. Can't believe it is nearly 3 years old. :eek:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...a-sheath-for-carrying-a-110-unfolded.1252567/

Back