buck 110 information ?

bought 2 buck 110's
they both are 3 dot with box and papers plus sheath . i was told these are original papers box and sheath how do you tell... i will upload the pictures any help on these would be great.
i know the approx years but thats all i know thanks

image-2.jpg
[/IMG]

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

I have a bunch of these and your papers are correct and the only thing you're missing is the tissue-like paper that was originally wrapped around the knife.

Boxes look right. I'd have to see a pic of the end to know for sure if they match mine.

Too bad that people often open these and then store it with the knife in the sheath......thus the heavy green stuff (verdigris).

Very nice knives, though.......and you can send them to Buck for a cleaning that will make them look like new for only $7 per knife.

Nice 3 dots, hopefully a little Wrights brass polish will take the green off without any pits.

Skelator, Welcome. The 110's look correct for a 3 dot. Some collectors and well read experts say the 3 dots ran for one year in 1980 others say 81. Take your pick. The care papers should have a date on them. One
sheath looks earlier than the other (bottom one). Yet, I have one new in the box and it has that same sheath and box as yours. That sheath came out with the 3 liners and 2 dots but I guess some were left over and used with the 3 dots. So, both your sheaths are correct. Nice find, I like the more blonde wood and blades are of 440C steel. DM

Nice 3 dots, hopefully a little Wrights brass polish will take the green off without any pits.

Maybe, but I'm thinking the pitting will be enough that we're talking major elbow-grease and time spent.

Of course, such work can be enjoyable if you go at it in a relaxed way while watching T.V. or something.

Spa trip always a fairly reasonably priced option.

:)

Skelator, Welcome. The 110's look correct for a 3 dot. Some collectors and well read experts say the 3 dots ran for one year in 1980 others say 81. Take your pick. The care papers should have a date on them. One
sheath looks earlier than the other (bottom one). Yet, I have one new in the box and it has that same sheath and box as yours. That sheath came out with the 3 liners and 2 dots but I guess some were left over and used with the 3 dots. So, both your sheaths are correct. Nice find, I like the more blonde wood and blades are of 440C steel. DM

I don't see the difference in the sheaths, but, as Dave says, there is usually some time period overlap where sheaths are concerned.

I think the feeling of most is that the Three-Dotters did come out in 1980 and leftover blades turned up and were used in 1981 and maybe later, especially with 112 Three-Dotters.

One interesting aspect of the Three-Dot legend is that they were the last of the 440C and the very first to get the renowned BOS heat treat.

The Three-Dot 440C blade should measure .115 in thickness and its successor, the Four-Dot (425M) should measure .120 in thickness.

An exceptional knife and arguably the toughest and best of the 110s.

His top sheath looks to have a straight top. DM

Good eye, David. I'm not sure. I can only see a tiny portion.

Skelator, the question is how deeply scalloped is the top of the actual pouch portion of the sheath. If one goes straight across and one is scalloped you have two different sheath types.

I would say that there will definitely be pitting on the bolsters....but nothing that can't be made to disappear with some work. Nice knives!!

Hi i must say thanks for the replys i didnt expect this !

Both sheaths are the same cannot see a diffrence , also i do have the tissue paper thats inside the box's

I have polished them up now with brasso, bolsters are near mint slight blemish. Tiny pitting along the middle of the 3rd picture.
Looks amazing for over 30 years old. The person i bought these off has 150! Of the same knife.
In your opinion what would you say a fair price each would be . As i can get these for peanuts !

Thanks again

I wouldn't talk of price or worth as it is a violation of the forum rules. As far as a collectable or user 110 model this one is high on the list of those that like 110's. It has evolved thru several little changes by this time and this end product is quite good. Your welcome. DM

Last edited:
Oh i must apologise , im just in the heat of the moment . As you guys have eased my worrys thought i was carrying some china fakes ! Lol

Il add some pictures of the finished result 5 minutes of elbow grease not a professional job by any means.
Steve

You're welcome.

If you watch e-Bay for a while you can get a pretty good idea of the value of these.

That's a nice gathering of 110s you have.

:thumbup:

As you notice the best part of the older knives is that the scales don't match. It is like having two knives. Tired of one side turn it over.

Welcome to the Buck forum Skelator88... Nice collection of 110's ya got going on:thumbup:
Thanx for sharing!

Cool collection, a 2 liner, 2 dot and a 100yr.. We'll help the fever along as best we can. ;) DM

Skelator, like the name and the 110s are cool too... Welcome to the Buck Forum... I hope to see you on the SPS... ITE ... :thumbup:

Thanks guys. Found it tempting to buy everyknife i liked.
But im sticking with buck 110s.

1 of my first purchases was the 2 liner you mentioned its signed by sara buck.
Purchased that from a member on here through the bay.

Back