Buck 110 Liner lock questions

Does anyone know ecactly when the Buck 110 liner locks were produced and how many were made? I just picked this one up for my collection and I'm dying to find out more about it. I remember there was a thread on them a while back, but even with a search I can't find it. Thanks

Attachments

• 110LL1.jpg
    110LL1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 243
Jake,
It is my recollection that these were a limited edition in 1997 and that about 200 - 350 ended up being produced. Perhaps someone else will remember the total. Buck had difficulty with the production of these knives and ended up practically hand-building each one. I have several of them as they have always been favorites of mine. I especially like the blade shape. I had three of them rehandled with cocobola, ironwood and snakewood, and I find them to be outstanding. The original inlays were dymondwood, as I recall, and the color ranges from a deep blue to a dark green.

Thanks Larry,

You should post some images of those that you have. Maybe we can generate enought interest in this thread that some of the other collectors with these fine pieces will post some of theirs as well.. ;)

I'm curious why it appears to have a lockbar if it is a liner-lock? Did Buck use the 110 frame and just add the liner?

It has NO locking bar, from what I know this was an experimental version of the 110, using 110 components. There is no space where the locking bar was, its solid framed.

Why you lucky dog, Jake! I've only seen one of the 110 liner locks and that was on eBay. According to one of the pix's...it was manufactured in 1997, just as Larry Oden stated. At the time, I couldn't find any info on it and it still seems to be pretty scarce! :D

Attachments

• Bucklinerlock2.jpg
    Bucklinerlock2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 70
Gary, mine just has the fancy Buck stamp, more like a Custom Shoppe knife.

Attachments

• 110LL3.jpg
    110LL3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 73
I checked an we made just over 300 of them in 1997 and 1998. Larry is correct in that they were practically handmade. The original sales flyer shows a plastic thumbstud but we ended up using a knurled screw on type. They were all supposed to be engraved "Limited Production 1997" but most were shipped without the engraving.
A great find!

Back