Review Buck 110 lite

Have any of y'all seen or have used the buck 110 lite from walmart? My father-in-law got one and it seems like a really great knife. There made in America and there 20 bucks for a buck 110.

I have one and have posted about it a couple of times here. I haven’t put it to any hard use yet, but it is a solid knife, and very light - I carry mine comfortably in my right front pocket. It would be great for camping and general outdoor use. I’m not a hunter, so I can’t speak to how it would perform there. I have slaughtered animals on occasion (it would be too small to do that well) but I have always left the skinning and butchering to others so I don’t know.
CwPAgfR.jpg

EpmmRrz.jpg

I don't have the Walmart one, but I do have one with the 420HC blade steel. Same knife, I'm sure, just like the standard brass and wood 110 at Walmart is the same 110 sold elsewhere.

No blade wiggle or wobble, open or closed on mine, even after extended carry.
The 420HC holds an edge just as well as the standard brass and wood model. (not surprising)
I did file the bump off the forward tip/end of the lock bar on mine.

The 110 LT might be a "light weight", but it performs just like the venerable "heavy weight" brass and wood 110.

I have no complaints with the LT.

I bought one the red handled ones (a short run) when they came out a couple of years ago. Mine has become my regular SW general duty fishing knife - it has cut lots of bait, line, rigs, etc. - impervious to saltwater and very light - you don’t feel it on your hip the way you do the traditional model. I endorse this knife! I bought three; one to use, one for a hunting buddy, and a spare. OH
Buck-110-LT-CPM154-2018.jpg

Okay... So what is the significance of a Walmart Buck? Are you saying that Buck takes less care in F&F on knives going to Walmart? How do they decide which go to Walmart vs other stores?

Okay... So what is the significance of a Walmart Buck? Are you saying that Buck takes less care in F&F on knives going to Walmart? How do they decide which go to Walmart vs other stores?
As far as I can tell the only difference is that the Walmart one has a different "Buck" logo on the handle, and that certain SFO's for some dealers use a upgraded blade steel.
CuBtPBN.jpg

Mine came from wallyworld and is tight and right in all the right places.

Have any of y'all seen or have used the buck 110 lite from walmart? My father-in-law got one and it seems like a really great knife. There made in America and there 20 bucks for a buck 110.
Love em and have gifted out two or 3 110lt so far.
I don't much care for the logo on the Walmart exclusive version myself, so I'm glad I got mine before the exclusive logo version came out.

The only difference is the logo btw.

Last edited:
Just picked up one of these 110 Lite knives at Walmart yesterday.

I've always liked the form and ergonomics of the 110/112 patterns from Buck. But I've always had the same, single reservation about all of them in their original forms (brass/nickel frames), due to their bulk & (mainly) their weight in-pocket. So the 'Lite' version of the 110 is something I'd been looking for, and the $20 price tag from Walmart made it easy to bring home with no regrets.

Buck's blade/edge grinds are nicely thin as well, in more recent versions. That attracts me as well, as I truly love a thin, slicing cross-section in any blade. The thin profile and hollow grind also make this one very easy & quick to sharpen up. The factory edge on my Lite was decent straight out of the box. But as is the norm for me these days, I still tuned it up a bit more, thinning the edge on a SiC stone when I brought it home, and further refining the edge on a medium Spyderco (Sharpmaker) rod.

The carry in-pocket is nice. Haven't used the knife for much yet, but I have dropped it into my back pocket and right-front pocket, just to see how it rides there through the day. The weight is no longer a concern, at all. The original-design 110s in brass are ~ 7.2 oz, according to Buck's own current specs, and this 'Lite' version in nylon is a full 4 ounces lighter, at 3.2 oz. This means, in-pocket, it feels more like an Opinel or a delrin-handled Case Sod Buster (larger '38 pattern), rather than like a 'brick', per se. I can tell I'll like carrying this one. Even at this light weight, the nylon handle (I'm assuming glass-filled, ala 'FRN' or Zytel handles) is very thick-slabbed & strong, which exceeded my expectations for it. I'd previously mentioned the comparison to the large Case Sod Buster ('38 pattern); I've always been tempted to carry that one in the back pocket, but it's thin-brass-lined Delrin handles aren't quite as resistant to flex or bending out of shape as the thicker nylon-handled 110 Lite, it seems to me.

Walmart enters into a deal with Buck for knives at a certain price point. The knives are the same. Sometimes they have come with a nylon pouch instead of the leather sheath . I have bought several knives over the years at the wm. My first Native came from there.. S30v for 45$.
Also the blades are the exact same from 110 to 110 LT. there may be a bit less polish on the LT version. At least there is on my 112's.
Hope this helps

Back