1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Buck 110 sheath

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by MTHall720, Jun 18, 2019.

1. MTHall720

MTHall720 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Does anyone know of a comfortable open top sheath which is fairly snug fitting, and is slanted forward? I have tried off and on for some time now to find one that doesn't make me feel like some thing is digging into my side but yet doesn't make my shirt bulge out like a regular belt sheath. Not trying to hide it.but don't want to draw attention either. I usually wear T shirts and jeans most of the year.

Thanks much for all input.

2. Old Biker

Old Biker

Sep 25, 2016
    When you say open topped and slanting forward, I think of one of Horswrights pancake sheaths. His web address is in his signature line.

O.B.

3. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    Why the forward slant? A plain straight drop pouch sheath should work just fine.

MTHall720 likes this.
  4. MTHall720

Sep 21, 2010
    I have a nice custom vertical but it keeps sliding up and down, especially when I stand up or sit down.

5. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    MTHall720 likes this.
  6. kenjal

kenjal

Mar 17, 2013
    ditto on Gary and Horsewright! They both make beautiful sheaths for folders.

MTHall720 likes this.
  7. MTHall720

Sep 21, 2010
    Thanks for good suggestions every one.

8. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    While I like and appreciate Buck's leather sheaths for the 110 and 112, more often I carry mine in Buck's excellent nylon sheaths, which are not as bulky. These are easily slanted, and can also be carried horizontally.

MTHall720 likes this.
  9. MTHall720

Sep 21, 2010
    I didn't know Buck has nylon sheaths. I will look for one.

10. James Usher

James Usher

May 3, 2019
    which sheath is more comfortable ?