Buck 110 Wild Horse with MICA PEARL ANTIQUE GOLD

Over the weekend I was able to see several Buck 110's. They were "customized" by Wild Horse. I do not know any thing about him. Most of the knives I looked at were "MICA PEARL ANTIQUE GOLD" with one being white pearl. Some had engraved bolsters and scales. "I think one was a spider web leading to the engraved black widow in the scales."

I was thinking about buying one, but was not sure if it was worth the money.

What are your thoughts on these knives?

Thanks,
John

Haebbie

Gold Member
Over the weekend I was able to see several Buck 110's. They were "customized" by Wild Horse. I do not know any thing about him. Most of the knives I looked at were "MICA PEARL ANTIQUE GOLD" with one being white pearl. Some had engraved bolsters and scales. "I think one was a spider web leading to the engraved black widow in the scales."

I was thinking about buying one, but was not sure if it was worth the money.

What are your thoughts on these knives?

Thanks,
John

Well John, it would be easier to get some thoughts when there are some pictures to get to see. Would you please if it is possible?

Best,
Haebbie

I am sorry, but I do not have the knife.

I have found one very close to it, but it does not have the spyder web engraved bolsters.

You can see this knife under item number ???????? on the bay. This seems to be the same knife with same materials, but with a little different engraving.

I did not want to post a link so I would not get in trouble.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to have to edit your post John. They are pretty firm about posting info on active auctions.
In regards to your question. I can say that I have not seen any of his work up close so I cant vouch for the quality.
There are a lot of shops doing this sort of thing lately. I have seen some pretty shody work and some pretty nice stuff as well.
One thing to know, there is no Buck warranty on these knives because they have been modified.
I hope this helps.

One thing to know, there is no Buck warranty on these knives because they have been modified.

Joe, you might want to pass that along to 2 of the largest "sellers" of these on Ebay, digital_freaks and deadwoodknives both state in the auctions that these rehandled knives come with a lifetime warranty.

When I asked both sellers who warranties them by email, they both said Buck does.

Joe, no worries. I was in the wrong and you got me back in line.

I think for the time, I will pass on it and go with a CS with an upgraded steel.

Thanks,
John