Buck 110v

I just purchased a Buck 110v, with finger grooves and serrated edge.
It has the standard wood slabs and brass frame.

Can anyone tell me what the V stands for? Also, any idea about when it
was made and what type of steel? Thanks.

The "V" is the date code, your was made in 1989.

Which would make the steel 425M.

Nice grab!

I just purchased a Buck 110v, with finger grooves and serrated edge.
It has the standard wood slabs and brass frame.

Can anyone tell me what the V stands for? Also, any idea about when it
was made and what type of steel? Thanks.

Ya, good score. I was bidding against you, for a time.

BJ

Really, ha that's funny. Sorry man I've been looking for this combo 110 for awhile. Hope it turns out to be a quality purchase.

Thanks for the info though. Would you say this is a working knife or something that should be stored away?

Well, I have one other 110 a Cabela's Alaskan Guide with S30V steel which I decided to stop using because it's such a fine knife.

Really, ha that's funny. Sorry man I've been looking for this combo 110 for awhile. Hope it turns out to be a quality purchase.

Thanks for the info though. Would you say this is a working knife or something that should be stored away?

Oh, eh! That is a quality purchase and I'd sure use it. I got one a few weeks ago that has a serrated blade but broken tip. I doubt I'll be able to get a replacement blade with serration's. I dunno. Congrats!

BJ

Well, I have one other 110 a Cabela's Alaskan Guide with S30V steel which I decided to stop using because it's such a fine knife.

The Cabellas AG's are great knives and made to be used. They are a stock item so no collectible value.

Thats the one you should be using.

Back