Buck 112 3 Dot Knife, Looking for Info

I have a Buck 112 Finger Groove 3 Dot knife. I am having trouble finding information on it. I can find the regular knife, just not the finger groove one. I am new to knives and know nothing! Any help is appreciated! I have photos but am not sure how to upload them here.

Last edited:
I’d start here:

I’d start here:

Thank you! I'll edit my post.

You should post this in the Buck forum. Those guys know Bucks like nobody else! As for pictures, I use Imgur, upload it there, copy the URL, and enter it here (click the picture icon and you'll get a pop up where it can be pasted).

You should post this in the Buck forum. Those guys know Bucks like nobody else! As for pictures, I use Imgur, upload it there, copy the URL, and enter it here (click the picture icon and you'll get a pop up where it can be pasted).
Thank you!

From what I understand, the finger groove 112 was nothing more than a production change to get more sales. Not a limited run or anything.

I am sure that someone with more knowledge will come along and give you better information.

Moving this to the knowledge source for all things, Buck.

Category IV, Stamped BUCK, *112**, U.S.A. 1980 to 1981

Version 3. Same as above except hand radiused handle edges. Handles have hand radiused edges. No radius in thumb depression area. Finger grooved model introduced.

The standard Buck twist of the rules on early 112 finger grooved knives is employees knifes. I've seen 2 dot square framed with them and of course homemade ones. Early box's were labeled as such too but so many 112's get separated from the original box or sold with the 'wrong' box it's hard to say with 100% accuracy. The rarest version of the early finger grooved 112's is Stag.

Back