Buck 119 Special

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Saw them over at the MidwayUSA site for $28 and change. Good deal if anyone needs a fixed blade fix. Several other Buck knives are on their Inventory Reduction sale. I picked up a FG110 for $35.

:thumbup: ...That is a nice sale at Midway Guyon...I picked up a 119 for one of my sons-in-law and one of their 110FG's as well for myself. That's about as good a price on an FG as you're ever gonna see unless it has no blade or somethin'...

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
DarrylS said:
:thumbup: ...That is a nice sale at Midway Guyon...I picked up a 119 for one of my sons-in-law and one of their 110FG's as well for myself. That's about as good a price on an FG as you're ever gonna see unless it has no blade or somethin'...
Agreed. You just hardly ever see the finger-grooved versions on sale.

FWIW, I couldn't figure out why my shipping estimate jumped from $6.30 to $9.95 for priority shipping. Finally hit me. It was because, during the checkout process, I elected for them to send me a free catalog. Midway goes by weight, and the catalog weighs a lot. I promptly removed it and got my cheaper shipping.

Also picked up a PAST Mag-Plus recoil pad on sale for $20.99. Was eyeing this one at Bass Pro the other day, and it was $14 more expensive there. I have to sight in three rifles soon, and I thought I'd go for a little recoil reduction.

:confused: :( ...That 119 Special just went up from $28 to $36...whata bummer. Sure am glad I got my order in early for the 119 and the 110FG...bet that 110FG is gonna be moving up soon too...:(

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
DarrylS said:
:confused: :( ...That 119 Special just went up from $28 to $36...whata bummer. Sure am glad I got my order in early for the 119 and the 110FG...bet that 110FG is gonna be moving up soon too...:(
That is strange. The main page www.midwayusa.com still has it listed for $28.76 (though even if you add it to your basket from the main page, it comes up as $35.99). However, I'll bet you could call Midway and they'd give you the lower price. Only 3 of them left in the sale though.

I only have two finger-grooved 110s. One is my custom 110. The other is an older knife with a mint 425M blade, and I have been hesitant to send it in for BG-42. I may send in this Midway sale knife though. $35 knife plus $35 blade swap equals a $70 BG-42 knife with finger grooves--a good bit cheaper than you could get the same knife through the custom shop ($88 plus shipping).

:thumbup: ...That's my plan as well Guyon...Can't get a much better price on that configuration anywhere. I also saw the $28 ad in the main page and when you go into the alphabetical listing it shows it upped to $35.99...I'll bet you will get the lower price if an order is place on Monday.

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Glad you got the deal without any hassle. Your son-in-law will like that one, I think.