Buck 124 Frontiersman and the wait

Back in the 80s I thought about buying a Buck Frontiersman,but never pulled the trigger on one:eek:.When I decided to buy one,I found out they were'nt being made anymore:eek:.Well,I was looking through an A.G.Russel catalog and found one of my grail knives were being made,in a limited run,again.This time I fired and have a 124 on the way:).I'm sort of excited about this one,as I've been waiting for 2 decades+.I'm sure alot of you have one or two,how do you like them?

Ive not pulled the trigger on 1 or two yet,
Id love a rosewood and a older black micarta one too :)

You will love the 124 and such a great gift from buck doing a new 124 here is one from 1973 to hold you over till yours comes around enjoy your new 124 and put it to work this one is a safe queen

buck124005.jpg

Back in the 80s I thought about buying a Buck Frontiersman,but never pulled the trigger on one:eek:.When I decided to buy one,I found out they were'nt being made anymore:eek:.Well,I was looking through an A.G.Russel catalog and found one of my grail knives were being made,in a limited run,again.This time I fired and have a 124 on the way:).I'm sort of excited about this one,as I've been waiting for 2 decades+.I'm sure alot of you have one or two,how do you like them?

I beat myself up for years for not buying one when they were available, then when I heard of the 2012 limited edition, I about fell over. I picked two of them up and I have talked very highly of them. I don't think Buck could top the 124 for a great do all knife and it cuts very well to be a good size knife.

I have two of the new ones.

The workmanship is nothing less than perfect.

They pulled out all the stops on this one.

The best, nothing less.

I have been trying to buy a 124 for many years and finally picked one up on EBay just recently. It is a great looking knife and I guess the wait was worth it.

The 124 is really the flagship of the Buck line. Although I have used the 119 more than the 124, I still believe that the 124 makes a great all-rounder. It is probably the strongest knife they make while sporting great looks in the process.

I'm sort of excited about this one,as I've been waiting for 2 decades+.I'm sure alot of you have one or two,how do you like them?

I'm happy you have one on the way, post some photo's when it's in your hand! The 124 is one of my favorite fixed blade Buck's and yes I do have one or two +;)
jb4570

I got two 124's in the early 90's. One dark wood and one red rosewood. The light rosewood went to the GF, I used and abused the darker one, even used it in a couple of throwing competitions (SCA). The only damage were some scuffs on the pommel. The GF just carried and used hers lightly during events. I paid < $100 for each one back then. 22 years later they are re-issued at a price slightly higher so I have to get two more. One for the same GF and one for me. F&F every bit as good as the original issue. Absolutely great job by Buck on the materials and quality. Just like the originals and in some respects better. I am proud to have all four. 1 well used and somewhat abused, 1 in excellent condition and 2 NIB.

Back