Recommendation? BUCK 184 Black Oxide - never used - 1 of 1102

You have to accept that there is no Kelly Blue Book for this sort of thing and not enough sales to create a datum. At some point you have to stick your toe in the water and test the temperature with a price you can live with, nothing says you can't make it high. Some may make an offer and you can get a feel from that.

I do understand that completely - but this apparently was recognized by the fellow that wrote the book - that there was some collector value here - Has one of the rare birds sold for prices that were in the 5 figures or 4 figures?

I would be of no help for valuation. I do not collect or have an interest in Buckmasters. My observation is that Buckmasters (and Harley Davidson Bucks) generally attract lifestyle collectors outside the general Buck knife collecting family IMO this pushes the price relatively high in comparison to the number made. I consider 1100 made is HUGE in the general scheme of things. My personal cutoff for considering rarity of Bucks is a build of 250. I realize nothing I just said is of any help to the question at hand.

MT-Pokt hit the nail on the head. I have quite a few 184's and keep a pretty good watch on their sales. I would set the price of yours at $600. Might get lucky and get a tad more but
I think $600 is right where the market is right now.

MT-Pokt hit the nail on the head. I have quite a few 184's and keep a pretty good watch on their sales. I would set the price of yours at $600. Might get lucky and get a tad more but
I think $600 is right where the market is right now.
Thank you gedlicks gedlicks and MT_Pokt MT_Pokt both for your assessment - I appreciate it

I've seen in the 112 world the selling point of any particular knife just really depends on how much two or more collectors want to pay on that particular day. Some folks have more money than time to find a bargain and that's when you see a really high price for a seldom seen 112. And little things mean a lot on a very high price Buck. Pristine box shieth and paperwork and even a receipt can push a $500.00 knife way way up. For some collectors want that perfect package..but many don't really care. Just the number made has some effect of course but what's more important is the collector base that chases it. I'm astonished by what Buck bayonets bring..

Back