Buck 310 discontinued???

I've been wanting to add a buck 310 to my collection of 300 series bucks for sometime, but have only recently been close enough to a bass pro to pick one up. When I stopped by last week the store was out and the clerk wasn't sure if more would be coming in. They seem to be out on the website too. Does anyone know if they're still being produced? Did I miss my chance?

Thanks in advance!

They were exclusive to Bass Pro in recent times, I do not know about future availability but you are correct, they have disappeared from the web listing. As to missing your chance, it's a common knife, and there are always ones listed for sale on the auction site.... 3 right now. The Bass Pro models seemed to have 309 blades so be sure to search for that model number also.

Echoing what DeSotoSky said, search the internet for "Buck 309" - many Bass Pro Shop issues of the Buck Whittler pattern are made under that number. Mine was a Christmas gift in 2010 from two brothers (teenagers) I took hunting - it is tang marked Buck 309 and has the 2010 code stamped on the tang - I know I saw them for several years after that. The knife came in a little wooden box with a sliding top (marked on the box bottom "Box made in China". There should be plenty enough out there to find one. Good luck in your search, OH

Ps This knife was made with 3 backsprings, one for each blade just like the current 303 and 301 - mine has the most satisfying snap of any of my current Buck 300 series knives - a very nice "snap" without being too hard to open, probably a 6 on a 1-10 scale with the norm being a 3 or 4. Persevere in finding one, you won't be sorry!

I was just on the BPS website and the Buck 310 appears to be in stock now. Looks like a winner.

HTH.

Well, we need a picture - BPS SFO tang marked Buck 309. OH

Buck_309_Whittler.JPG

Back