Buck 317 Question

Does anyone here know if Buck and replace a damaged/rounded main blade on this model?

Cerberus

I don't think Buck can as that model has been discontinued for 20yrs.. Still it would not hurt to call them on the matter . DM

I checked with Joe H. several years ago and there were no more replacement blades available for either blade on the 317, which were made for Buck by Camillus.

Cer,

Lets run down the knife repair management tree for you and for anyone else who might be in the same position.

Buck had/has some parts for old 300 series models. But not much left. You can check with customer service. See the website for info.

Our best guess here on forum is a best guess no. Here are options if this knive is a keepsake and you are willing to pay to have restored. These may work on other models if anyone else is checking this reply out.

1. Buy 317 and use the blades to replace your broken one. This would likely cost $50 - 100 just to have new used blades. 317s are not common but are for sale, for not cheap prices. Buck might fix it if you say you have extra blades. Work this out with Buck before trying to get another knife. Buck may offer you some type of trade off modern knife vs. warranty promise of repair.

2. Contact Leroy Remer, at Triple R Knives.com, he would likely be able to make you a set of custom blades BUT they will not be stamped in the original mannner IDing Buck on the tang. This will cost some money also.

Likely group opinion from the fellows here, for most folks with family heirloom, just put it up and call it an artifact. It will be cheaper and be of better quality in the long run to buy you something new to use thats modern.

There is currently no list circulating that gives the models that are out of warranty for repair parts. But it is increasing fast.
300Bucks/ch

Last edited:
Thanks for the input.. I will call them on Monday after the new year.

It has no heirloom or sentimental value other than I just wanted it :D I needed one of the Bucks to go along with my ones from Case, Camillus and the like. I am willing to go the custom route if needed because it is such a great design and they don't come up very often..it tool me along time to get this one.

Thanks for the recommendation of Leroy, I will call him and shoot him an email..

There is a wealth of knowledge here, thanks again for sharing!

Cerberus

When I first started collecting Buck knives you could find a 317 for 25-30$ . Not anymore ! DM

Back