Buck 560 Variations

CRH

Every Buck 560 that I have ever seen including the one I own has the sprinkle pattern on the Ti handle. Recently I have run across some that appear to have a polished finish on the handle. Is this actually the case? Did Buck make some 560s with a polished finish or is it just poor photography or scanning that I am seeing?

I have also ran across a "black oxide" coated 560BT. Both blade and handle are coated. Are there any other variations out there to be aware of?

Here's a pix of my 560's... 'brushed' silver, gold & grey. Haven't seen the black 560 yet.

Attachments

• DSCN4432.JPG
    DSCN4432.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 74
Hi,
I had the 560's in black finish (blade and handle).Probably about 7 years ago.
Pete

The 560 in black actually had a powder coat finish. Personally i did not like that. It was very durable but just did not seem right for some reason. There have been a few 560's with polished sides made but i would guess that not more than half a dozen came from the factory that way. It took a lot to get them that way and then it was very easy to scratch once polished.
THe hardest 560 to find is actually not even a 560. The original 560 was a model 186. This knife looked like the 560 but it also had a wide belt clip. The whole thing was built to be taken apart with allen head screws. It turned out to be too hard to put back together without stripping so Buck went to the riveted version, dropping the belt clip.

Back