1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Buck knivesitis ?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Lesknife, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Ever since I got my first buck knife I’ve been impressed with their quality but also the Buck family and their heritage. It’s the kind of heritage that bleeds Americana and speaks good ole American ingenuity and value but also of faith and family.

I am very pleased I can pass this on to my kids and grandkids and friends. Lately I’ve gifted Buck pocket knives to several of them as they get old enough and mature enough to handle safely and with discretion. Of coarse the older ones already display such skill. Each time it’s a blessing to see their faces light up with pleasure and appreciate the design, craftsmanship and all that goes into each knife. But also the little paper that comes in each box with the knife. It not only tells about the Buck lifetime warranty but also about their faith in God and I’m glad they are willing to share their faith and honor God.

This is very important to me and I am pleased to support Buck knives because of their faith and their knives are awesomely edged cutting tools. Maybe there’s other companies that do the same idk it seems to be fading in this age but I want to be a loyal customer. I want to help in passing this statement of faith on to others along with a knife that will last a lifetime and a warranty to match. I thank God I can and Hopefully it will mean at least as much to them as it does to me and more.

2. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    From the first meeting with Chuck Buck I felt he was a true Christian gentleman..Every one in the Buck family I've personally met has given me the same impression. I feel God has blessed the company because of there faith and prayers..

3. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Amen

BuckShack and Lesknife like this.
  4. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Yes I’ve heard that from several people over the years. I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting them but maybe someday, Lord willing I can.

BuckShack likes this.
  5. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Knives are inanimate objects. Yet they seem to have soul or an energy inside of them. Buck knives have positive energy built into them.

TAH, sassafrassdogs3, GPyro and 3 others like this.
  6. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Lesknife, you pretty much captured my introduction to world of knives from my father many years ago. Buck is much more than a knife to me. Thank you for, as they say now, Paying it Forward. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    sassafrassdogs3, GPyro and Lesknife like this.
  7. Hornbill

Hornbill

Jan 3, 2019
    I’m new to collecting knives, just started really in the past year. I kept reading stories of people getting Buck knives from their dads and granddads, and I thought that would be fun to do with my 3 little boys. So, I’ve been busy getting some of the 100 series knives, I’m up to 4 of them now. You should have seen the looks on their faces when I showed them the Buck 105 I got—my oldest still asks to see it every so often! In the process of collecting, I’ve learned more about Buck and their history and it’s been a lot of fun. A company I can really get behind and support.

8. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    I've owned quite a few Bucks over the years and except for one poorly made 301, I've been happy with all. A 303 has been a regular in my rotation for over 20 years.

BuckShack, GPyro and Lesknife like this.
  9. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    And you get to know some really good people along the way.

BuckShack and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  10. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy

Aug 19, 2015
    I have a lot of respect for the Buck company. All this talk about family is reminding me that we're all part of the family. Like Chuck Buck's message says on that little piece of paper, "…welcome aboard. You are now part of a very large family. We think of each one of our users as a member of the Buck Knives family."

Even here on the Buck section of the forum, it shows. I have read and visit other areas of bladeforums and you guys are the best.

TAH, BuckShack, Brhowser87 and 2 others like this.