1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BUCK MESA

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by mbjannusch, May 16, 2019 at 4:24 AM.

1. mbjannusch

mbjannusch

Apr 1, 2010
    Guess this one got the boot. The Mesa was a great fixed blade economy knife. Wally World stopped carrying them and now theyre double the price on the bay...

2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    yep. great knife for the original price point. use one all the time on outdoor cutting chores and such.

figures. flippers love to flip for profits.

3. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy

Aug 19, 2015
    I know it's not the same knife, but the Buck 620 Reaper utilizes the same handle, just different style blade. I actually preferred it over the Mesa. If interested check out their web specials on their website.

4. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Were there a few variations to collect? More than a few Bucks were not appreciated or collected till after they were discontinued especially lower priced users..The Ecolite is a good example but the 110/112 Bucklites really jumped up in price in the last few years. It shocked Armand how high some get..

5. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    The camp knife should fill the void the Mesa left behind. Plus you get 5160 steel and micarta handle.

31wFajgUNpL.jpg

104.jpg

OLd_gUY, jbmonkey and bucklife301 like this.
  6. kossetx

kossetx

Apr 11, 2017
    I don't think it was lack of appreciation as much as it was finicky sales practices of the store that sold them. I have a 622 and my wife uses a 632 daily when she's in action.

7. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy

Aug 19, 2015
    Well it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. Most of the Buck Wal-Mart exclusives are normally sold for a year and replaced with something else.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 12:06 AM