Buck Paradigm

bucksway

Basic Member
I'll have to take a good look..My right hand is not getting any better and I find it harder to open any knife.

Wildcat

Basic Member
im gonna have to add the paradigm shift to my collection. thanks for the awesome pics!

jbmonkey

Platinum Member
I'll have to take a good look..My right hand is not getting any better and I find it harder to open any knife.
never owned one of these before and mine ain't here yet.....so no idear of easy to open or harder than a plunge lock style auto?.......but you need an auto. 110 or 112 auto in belt sheath. perfect for ya id think.

How is the lock up and play on the new ones? They look like cool knives. I’d like to try one but play/rock would kill it for me.

Makael

Books temporarily closed on sheath orders.
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
How is the lock up and play on the new ones? They look like cool knives. I’d like to try one but play/rock would kill it for me.
New ones feel pretty good. Alot of RandD went into them.

ohen cepel

Gold Member
On the old ones it was 2 steps to open it, shift the bolster and hit the flipper. So now, it is just shift the bolster?
Shift bolster to unlock the blade to close like the earlier ones?

Is that a button of sorts on the middle of the bolster or just a pivot point?

Makael

Books temporarily closed on sheath orders.
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
On the old ones it was 2 steps to open it, shift the bolster and hit the flipper. So now, it is just shift the bolster?
Shift bolster to unlock the blade to close like the earlier ones?

Is that a button of sorts on the middle of the bolster or just a pivot point?
Non auto swing bolster and push flip tap on blade to release. Auto version blade flies out when bolster has almost met stop when swung over.

300Bucks

Gold Member
On my 20 year old model, it is as Makael states. The lever button (visually only like a Vantage) is part of the blade bolster, after the scale cover is moved the/a finger pushes on the serrated lever (Bottom of the bolster/blade that is above line of frame and scale) to cause the blade to rapidly open. Closing the bolster opener locks the blade. The button portion of the bolster is now above the line of the bolster/scales and acts like a finger guard when the hand is closed around the scales.( ah la straight knife tang). To close blade on my knife you push open the metal portion of the bolster See photos of Makaels knives taken apart on page 1. My blade is 13C26 300

jb4570

Gold Member
Non auto swing bolster and push flip tap on blade to release. Auto version blade flies out when bolster has almost met stop when swung over.

Thank you Mike,

That answered my question. I also love the Paradigm and have 6 or 7 of them in my pile. I love the style and wished it were an auto release by bolster activation. Just placed an order for the 691 in tan. I have always like the Microtech bolster activated knife from years ago, but at $400 + it was to rich for me and only have a $10 China copy. Now I will have a Buck designed bolster activated knife (my first Buck made auto).