1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Buck Repair Services

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by dryflytrout, Jan 31, 2017.

1. dryflytrout

dryflytrout

Jan 15, 2017
    I've got a 110 with the tip of the blade broken off. I went to return it to Buck to have the blade replaced. What I'm curious about it how the new blade will be dated. I'm guessing it will have a newer date marking on the blade. Will it be a recent blade or do they have a pile of them they pull from?

2. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    pretty sure they'll put a 2017 blade on it.

3. MICHAEL5135

MICHAEL5135

Sep 29, 2015
    IMO I say it will be a 2016. Last year I waited to see the first 2016 and I believe it was around June, I saw the first 2016 reblade on ebay.

4. J Hubbard

J Hubbard Moderator Moderator

Mar 29, 2001
    It will be a newer year code.

Jeff

5. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    It will be the current year code.

6. Shooter.762

Shooter.762

Dec 8, 2016
    New blade, I went thru this as well. I actually got a completely new Vanguard..

7. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Cant beat that.

8. Shooter.762

Shooter.762

Dec 8, 2016
    Nope, Buck has excellent customer service. It takes a little while to get your knife back but they will replace it even if you do something stupid.
    I admitted that my son broke it using it for things that knives weren't supposed to be used for and even offered to pay for the repair.
    They gave me a new one and said thank you for being a customer.. I will always buy and gift Bucks, they are fantastic!

9. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    You simply can't beat Buck's customer service, from everything I read, though I've never had to use it personally. Suggestion: ask Buck if they can re-fit your son's 110 with an S30V blade (for an extra charge, naturally). I recently received a Ranger 112 from Buck's Custom Shop with S30V blade and it has proven to be one of the best slicers I have ever experienced. I am not sure what makes it so good, the geometry of the blade or the high carbide content of the steel, but it has a 'bite' that makes it a pleasure to use.

10. dryflytrout

dryflytrout

Jan 15, 2017
    That is incredible in an age when most company's are looking for any reason possible to deny warranty service.
    I wish I knew how the one I have was broken, but that happened before it found it's way to me. Undoubtedly it was something stupid that shouldn't have been attempted!

11. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I sent one in requesting to buy a new blade as i broke the tip. They replaced it no charge.