Buford Pusser Commemorative

Hello All,
I have a new in the box I think from the early seventies
Buford Pusser Commemorative Camillus folder.The knife sits in a
wood grain box with a big stick sharping stone that has a matching serial# It also has the literature about Bufford and the knife.
It also has the white outer sleeve to go over the box.It states
it is #2642 Of 5000 made.The question is does anyone have an idea
what it is worth.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks George

Camillus made the Buford Pusser knife for Mr. Fred Robertson who was the owner of Robertson's Pawn Shop located in Henderson, TN. The model #10 knife has a cast pewter handle insert, "Buford Pusser" blade etch and each knife has a serial number engraved on the bolster. Although 5,000 knives were originally planned only about 3,500 were actually made during the mid to late 1970's. These knives are currently valued at $100 to $150.

Tom Williams
Camillus Cutlery Co.

Pardon, but I have one dated 1986. I hasten to add that the handle is a light brown plastic with reddish highlights.

Thomas,
There were two versions of the Buford Pusser Commemorative knife. You have the second knife that was made in 2003 (the blade is stamped "1986"). The second knife was made for Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

Tom Williams
Camillus Cutlery Co.

CAMCO said:
Thomas,
There were two versions of the Buford Pusser Commemorative knife. You have the second knife that was made in 2003 (the blade is stamped "1986"). The second knife was made for Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

Tom Williams
Camillus Cutlery Co.

Would you be so kind as to tell me what steel was used for these "1986" Pussers?

I don't know anything about knives, but my 13 year old son has a Buford Pusser commemorative knife that looked kind of old when a friend gave it to me as a gift for him in 2001. It has two blades, one with the words "Buford Pusser "engraved in an Old English script. It has what looks like mother of pearl, oval, rounded "plaque that says his name, Sheriff of McNairy County, and the years. Is it worth anything?

Thomas Linton,
The second Buford Pusser knives were made for Smoky Mountain Knife Works around 2003. One of the blades that was used in this knife is stamped "1986" and these blades were originally made for the Sears-Roebuck 100th anniversary knife (Model #95113). Camillus had extra blades and parts left over after the order for the Sears 100th anniversary knife order was filled and these parts were used in several other knives. The Buford Pusser knife is a #5754 pattern that was a very popular knife and was made for several customers in addition to Sears. The Camillus "American Wildlife" Model #10 knife is the same pattern as the Buford Pusser knife. The use of the Sears "1986" blade in a knife that was made many years later in 2003 shows how Camillus never threw anything away and found a use for these extra parts. Camillus made many knives for Smoky Mountain Knife Works that used parts that were left over from earlier knives.
Check this BF posting in a few days and you will see the Camillus records for the Buford Pusser knife. These records are for the first Buford Pusser knife that was made in the 1970's for Mr. Fred Robertson of Finger, TN. The first knife had a blade etch, serial number, #9380 sharpening steel (Big Stick) and a specially printed box with a molded platform. The second Buford Pusser knife did not have a serial number or special box.
Tom Williams

Here's the info Tom was promising you. I may have to split this in two, let's see.

file_zps71ee42d8.jpg
file_zps182bc264.jpg
file_zps2fa9dbb8.jpg
file_zps12293f8a.jpg
file_zps00e95244.jpg
file_zps351c6e05.jpg
file_zps2cc1439f.jpg
file_zpsa7ed73ed.jpg

Well got them all in. Sorry for the small size of the first image. Not sure if there's a way to make it show up bigger.

I'm looking for some information on the Buford Pusser Commemorative knifes.From what I understand only 3,500 were made.I have one without a serial number and have seen a few others without a serial number.I also have a newer version with a type-o two f's in Bufford.Any information would be gratefully appreciated.I've been told that the one with two f's is a fake.I also have a single blade Pusser knife and the Case knife with the alligator case.I know there is a case knife in a white case with a emblem of Buford Pusser on it.Are there any other knives that are missing from my Buford Pusser collection?

Great read,awesome thread loved that you revived it,long live necro threads- now I have to go find a b.pusser 1st. Edition thanks a lot

Back