1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Build Your Own' JouFuu Leather sheath

Discussion in 'Joufuu Leathers' started by bonafide, Feb 14, 2017.

1. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    I opened up the ability to 'build a sheath' option on joufuu.com. You can find this custom order form in the General Sheaths area. This is only for one sheath pattern so far; the Hiking Buddy ISP (inside the pocket). If it's popular enough, I'll open it up to a different pattern each month. Popularity drives this train - so please let me know what pattern you would like to see opened up for custom orders.

You get to pick; leather dye color, thread color, and if it's an ISP, the clip options available in stock.

Custom Orders get pushed to the front and built asap.

Bud

2. Darth Blader

Darth Blader Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Hi Bud,

I was just on your site looking at this for my new patch that's on it's way to me. I have two questions for you:

1. Do you ever offer a local pickup option for this or for a stock sheath? I am also in the Atlanta Burbs.

2. I am looking for either a cross draw or regular sheath with a fire steel loop for my Bushfinger. Do you have anything for either of those setups (stock) that will work with a Bushfinger?

Thanks!!

Tom

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. bonafide

bonafide Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    1. I don't mind meeting up with you while I'm duty, but I don't invite people I do not know to my house. Personal security.

2. A Cross Draw with a fire steel loop? No. I Scout Pouch or Split Pouch belt sheath with a fire steel loop? Yes. A Cross Draw Taco Pouch with no fire steel loop? Yes.

Just want to make sure you understand this thread is actually announcing I'm offering the ability to order a HB size Inside the Pocket sheath. Nothing else is available right now for custom orders.

4. rwcee

rwcee

Aug 19, 2015
    Hey joufuu - double checking, the hiking buddy sheaths fit the handyman, correct?

5. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Yes, it fits - but that knife is an 'in between' model. In one of my HB sheaths, it offers a bit more handle exposure. If you desire the knife (and handle) to sit deeper into a sheath, then you will probably be happier with one of my Monarch/Bushcrafter Jr size sheaths.

6. Menace

Menace

Feb 1, 2007
    Might I ask where you get your pocket clips from? I'm just curious. I'm looking to try my hand at a pocket sheath for myself not interested in selling any, just for my personal use. Thanks!

7. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    They're $25 ea plus shipping. Email me what type you want and how many, along with your PayPal address .. and I'll invoice you when they're ready.

8. Menace

Menace

Feb 1, 2007
    Are they Paul Long's clips?

9. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    No. :rolleyes:

10. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Tried to put together a build my own Hiking Buddy sheath but can't find on the site. Did I miss it?

11. bonafide

Jul 20, 2013
    Yeah, I've had it turned off for a while now. I replied to your email tho.

I have been planning another 'build your own', but allowing multiple pattern selection this time. Probably won't go live with it til after Blade Show.

SLOsmokin and Coach23 like this.