Building my Buck 110 and 112 collection

Sold a lot of my knives last few days…need a collecting change focus…
want to start a nice buck 110 collection

so far I got

Buck 110 pro sv30
Buck alaskan guide 110 sv30
Copper/clad Buck Cocobolo finger drop point 420
Buck 110 5o anniversary 420
Regular standard Buck 110 in Walnut

What is the feeling here on the Buck 110 Slim pro. I have read good and BAD reviews.
worth buying????

Last edited:
Personally, I really like the 110 and 112 Slim Pro Series. I've rotated between the two sizes since they came out and have been very pleased with their performance. The only small trifle that I have experienced was a loose thumb stud on one of the early 110 Slim Pros.

some are tight, no blade play and well sharpened, and some aren't. both pros and selects.

I like them for their lower dollar made in America costs and good heat treat steel compared to competition on modern style folder. for someone who wants a low worry user, they are great. for a perfectionist type or a collector who wants no cosmetic flaws at all.....not so great. not to say ya can't get a perfect one. ya can but not all are perfect from the half dozen or so I own.

I have said before that I did not think I'd like the 110 Sim Pro...but I do. It's light, clipped it to the pocket it disappears, S30V and sharp. It's become my EDC!
0AXidiE.jpg

Sold a lot of my knives last few days…need a collecting change focus…
want to start a nice buck 110 collection

so far I got

Buck 110 pro sv30
Buck alaskan guide 110 sv30
Copper/clad Buck Cocobolo finger drop point 420
Buck 110 5o anniversary 420
Regular standard Buck 110 in Walnut

What is the feeling here on the Buck 110 Slim pro. I have read good and BAD reviews.
worth buying????
Personally I don't consider it a 110 , if I was building a 110 collection I'd skip the slim select.

To me, the Slim series aren't really 110's.
BUT, if you want one get the Slim Pro and avoid the Slim Select.

I have owned three 112 Slims and found them to be serviceable knives. I would expect the same from the 110 Slims. I had a thumb stud come loose, so I gave it some loctite and squeezed it over night in a vice. So far, so good. The Slims are a different breed than the classic Bucks, but they're good knives that stand on their own merits.

They literally dissapear in your pocket. Well made knives. I prefer the Micarta versions over the G10

The slim pros make a really good edc knife. But when I’m doing heavy duty cutting or extended time usage I prefer the standard size handle not because the slim pro can’t do it or handle tough work but because my old arthritic hands can’t do it with the slim handle as my fingers start cramping up. I carried one for a couple of months and it was certainly up to the task but I switched to a 110 LT for a better grasp. I keep it in my pickup. It’s entirely a personal preference.

I reviewed the Buck Slim Pro a couple of months back and it's become my EDC-- light, excellent clip, great steel (S30V), and the G1- grips are elegant IMHO. The thumb studs look a little awkward but really don't get in the way when cutting.

My initial attraction to the Buck 110 was the size and shape of its blade. I didn’t like the weight, the lack of a pocket clip, or the lack of a thumb stud. The blade material was also entry level. However many optional improvements presented themselves over the years. I have since acquired premium blades and handles which have reduced the weight, improved the wear resistance, added the pocket clip, and provided one hand opening. The 110 Slim Pro does a great job of tackling the issues.
Here is one of my solutions to my perceived deficiencies of the original 110. Buck Legacy Aluminum 110 take apart knife with pocket clip. The blade is a custom CPM S-110-V by Leroy Remer. The set screw thumb stud is not shown.02F8D9B0-8D38-4359-A69E-37B90E861997.jpeg

Last edited:
I really, really like the Slim Pro plus in S35VN..Especially to actually use. It's a great knife! Are you focusing on the 110 as a user in rotation? With possible collectors value? If so I would suggest the Ecolite from around 2012-2013. I collect and use the 112 myself and I focus on the oddballs. It's been very satisfying hunting the odd ones and many can be found at a reasonable price too. What's really great about Bucks 110 is how many different steels you can find. I bet now it's at least 15 and maybe more. Some are rare and hard to find but the challenge of the hunt is part of the appeal. Good luck!

I like everything about the Slim series 110s and 112s . . . except for the blade shape. I tried to love a Buck 112 slim select, but after a few months it went to a friend who needed a good knife. That's why I like the LT series better than the Slim . . . standard blade shapes.

Thanks all…
I bought the 110 2021 legacy sv45/today…$199

My logic, if I am starting a collection of 110, this legacy model could be the lynchpin of future buck collections, screw design no pins, s45 steel, carbon scales, might be hard to get one in the future, or they may never make this design again, so I decided to buy it now while I can.

However, I would like to find one of those Buck 110 ecolite models too.

Last edited:
Thanks all…
I bought the 110 2021 legacy sv45/today…$199

My logic, if I am starting a collection of 110, this legacy model could be the lynchpin of future buck collections, screw design no pins, s45 steel, carbon scales, might be hard to get one in the future, or they may never make this design again, so I decided to buy it now while I can.

However, I would like to find one of those Buck 110 ecolite models too.
Good choice. The knife in post 14 started out as a Legacy.

Good choice. The knife in post 14 started out as a Legacy.
This 110 collecting idea could be quite expensive. There are the dlt exclusives, the copper/clad exclusives, I like that aluminum shiny bolster sv 30 one, the ecolite, the automatic, so on. Could spend a fortune.

However, to me, out of them all, the 2021 Legacy is the most radical, different and unique 110, love it or hate it,….and its a MUST have in my opinion. Once supply is gone, people not going to part with them cheaply years from now.

Back