Built Me A New Grinder

Built this one sorta like the one Rob Frink sells, only I changed some things to suit my taste.I bought the contact wheel and idler from Rob and they are first class. the rest I did myself.
This thing is as smooth as they come, with power to spare. I am currently working on the flat platten attachment and the work rest so it's not finished but I just couldn't wait to hook it up and play with it a while.
Here is a link to some pics and excuse the mess, you know how the shop gets after a few days of not stopping to clean up.
Let me know what you think about it ( the grinder, not the messy shop)
tongue.gif

Mike
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1005323&a=12398644&f=0

I can't be sure, but isnt that MY blade hanging on the wall?
smile.gif

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Mike, that's a fine looking machine, congratulations. Let us see your platen too, when it's done!

Dave

Thanks again PhilL. You know who I thought you might be? Phil Lobred.
Also thanks to Jerry Fisk, who has a knife at Arizona Custom Knives that I've been drooling over but can't quite afford. It's incredible!

Sorry about that last reply, but I'm new at this!
It was about Michael Connor though. I'm a new collector who has a beautiful dagger by Michael Connor (stamped MS on back) and I just learned about this great site.
Jerry Fisk told me some about you (assuming you are he) and included that in his estimation you are one of the greatest MS's in the country.
I just wanted to say that I love my Connor knife, and hope to collect more.
P.S. sorry this was off the subject!

Thanks for all of the replies, I have had a lot of emails asking about the tracking mechanism on the grinder so I added some pics to the photopoint album. Hope they help.
Mike

Back